Absolute hammer bullets and sever overbore chambers

I have one "classic". Win 30-30 that was given to me by my FIL. It was his dad's so it gets pulled out once a year, lubed, and put right back in the bag and into the safe.

I look at all the others like tools. Made for use. I just can't seem to think of loading a RUM with such a small pill. My smaller ones all have a load with the Hammers, some have two...

Don't shoot competitively any more. That eats barrels and most of my barrel changes were a result of throat erosion, alligator hide stress cracks and loss of pristine accuracy. Also used to shoot p dogs every year or so and abused the bores. My 243 AI is on it's 4th bbl. 25-06 2nd, 22-250 AI 3rd and so on. My PPCs got new barrels almost every 2 yrs. Same for 22 Hawk wildcats.
Now, i build 1 new gun (or barrel) a year. Have a switch-barrel WTO setup for both std and mag boltfaces.
No, it's not inexpensive for good barrels. Keeps me out of trouble though. Already getting pieces/parts for the next caliber! Sick🤪

Don't shoot competitively any more. That eats barrels and most of my barrel changes were a result of throat erosion, alligator hide stress cracks and loss of pristine accuracy. Also used to shoot p dogs every year or so and abused the bores. My 243 AI is on it's 4th bbl. 25-06 2nd, 22-250 AI 3rd and so on. My PPCs got new barrels almost every 2 yrs. Same for 22 Hawk wildcats.
Now, i build 1 new gun (or barrel) a year. Have a switch-barrel WTO setup for both std and mag boltfaces.
No, it's not inexpensive for good barrels. Keeps me out of trouble though. Already getting pieces/parts for the next caliber! Sick🤪
Incurable and degenerative I'm afraid. I'm ate up with it too. Maybe we should start a support group, oh wait we're already here. 😉

LOL, those WTO SwitchLugs are not cheap, but really handy for multiple cartridges and extra barrels on overbore running max loads. I run 4 SwitchLugs with more barrels than I can keep track of, but really like them.

I just changed a 264 wm barrel to a 7 Max barrel. After the brass and barrel are squared away with the 180 Berger hybrid, I'll start on the 155 AH.

It amazes me to think that there are folks out there that actually worry about stuff like this, Life's short and barrels are cheap, I'd be willing to bet that half the folks that talk about it have never burned a tube out
What is amazing to me is how many worry over other peoples barrel life.

As universal as "you'll shoot your eye out kid" when talking BB guns.

Any particular reason the overbore chambers don't see the gains?

well I guess I'll just settle at ~3500fps with the 181...darn
Best we can come up with is the combined weight of the bullet and the powder all trying to move at once causes the pressure to increase. Or just a point of diminishing returns.

The lower bc that showed up once we hit the 30 cal Absolutes is why we have not produced any larger cal Absolutes. We will likely do a big bore Absolute line but they will have the Shock Hammer style, big hollow point. No reason to have a sexy looking bullet that has bc like you are shooting it backwards!

I'm still trying to digest all of Farleg's data from down under testing on big game. Do i understand correctly that the larger hollow point is giving basically a "two stage" wound cavity with much more shock while maintaining deep penetration? Intriguing!

I'm still trying to digest all of Farleg's data from down under testing on big game. Do i understand correctly that the larger hollow point is giving basically a "two stage" wound cavity with much more shock while maintaining deep penetration? Intriguing!
I'll get the lowdown once he gets home and settled, I love that guy but you need to have the ability to speak Farleg to interpret what he's saying, I'm well seasoned in the matter

Ordered some 143gr HHs and some 117 gr SHs Saturday the 12th. Fed Ex says they'll be on my doorstep tomorrow. Thats process the order, fill the order, and delivery in 5 days. Every order I've made from Hammer has been as quick or faster. One of the things I love about doing business with em.

I'll get the lowdown once he gets home and settled, I love that guy but you need to have the ability to speak Farleg to interpret what he's saying, I'm well seasoned in the matter
What he said!

Great fun to talk with, follow in text or on net. I'd really like to meet him in person someday. International phone calls I discovered are expensive, but worth it. LOL!

I think bullet to bullet comparisons will be needed, from him.

I'm pretty sure he's validated ButterBeans thoughts/experiences with the 124 Hammer Hunter. Running in the .300 RUM it's beating down large animals I would not have considered using them on before.

Not really my place to do, and I'm waiting for more detail as well, but post mortem pictures of asian buffalo, and scrub bulls with a .375 RUM to quote ButterBean again should be a "game changer"

Wait wait wait y'all killed a Buffalo with a 6.5??? Impossible according to the majority of the members in the big bore enthusiast Facebook group.
You need at least 458 win and 500's or bigger (eye roll)