Absolute hammer bullets and sever overbore chambers

By the way, all. The new spreadsheet for Hammer Hunters was posted today. Now we'll have one place for Absolute data and one place for Hunter/Shock Hammer data. The thread is called Hammer Hunter Load Data, on this Forum.
BBean, when ya'll get finished disrupting nature, post your data. I GURANTEE it will be the fastest load!
G

Crazy!
Dang it BBean! You know I have a 7 RUM, and Steve makes 101 and 119gr bullets.
Why do you jave me thinking about this🥵🤬
Don't be a sissy. Let's see what you've got. I betcha can't make bean look Like a snail.

Anyway I am loading for 2 different .300 WM. I've got the 178 absolute hammers running 3300 in a 26" barrel, And the 196's HH going 3200 in a 28". I'm assuming these will be sufficient for elk in Colorado this fall? My friend drew his first ever rifle tag and he counting on me to make the ammo.

Don't be a sissy. Let's see what you've got. I betcha can't make bean look Like a snail.

Anyway I am loading for 2 different .300 WM. I've got the 178 absolute hammers running 3300 in a 26" barrel, And the 196's HH going 3200 in a 28". I'm assuming these will be sufficient for elk in Colorado this fall? My friend drew his first ever rifle tag and he counting on me to make the ammo.
@T3,
Have you posted your WM data on the Absolute Thread to benefit others?
G

I would have but my lovely wife threw away my "scribble sheet" that had my charge weights and corresponding velocities on it. Luckily I hadn't changed my press setup so it was easy enough to find the final load again. Also, this rifle has been a complete nightmare to load for. There was a spacer in the blind mag that I had to remove, I was having to load the rounds so short that there was actually a small air gap between case mouth and the bullet! Took out the "spacer" and it gained me .25" of OAL. It still doesn't shoot how I'd like, accuracy wise but we're running slim on components to do testing with. So best I can do for load date is...

Kimber mountain ascent 26" .300 WM
Norma brass
79.0 Ramshot Hunter
178 absolute hammer
3324 avg 5 shot ES19fps

I know the OP asked about the AH's but I just got a report on the 124 HH out of the Rum, 3 Buff's down, penetration is jaw dropping, one was hit in the horn and the bullet still penetrated to the far side of the neck,

Fordy 6.jpeg

Last edited:
Wait until the pictures show up of the .375 RUM, 248 Hammer Hunter damage.

Incredible impact wounds, deep penetration, and very quickly dead buffalo.
I bet. Bean was telling me all about it this morning. He said that the 124 gr out of the 300 RUM outperformed everything. Still wrapping my head around this. 🤣