Absolute best powder...

I have had great luck with 4831SC and 140 Grain Berger Bullets. Maybe not the fastest set up but bug hole groups and great terminal performance out to 550 yards. I haven't had the pleasure of a longer shot with this setup yet.
4831sc and the 140 VLD has shot lights out in my 6.5x284. Longest kill shot to date with this load was 1275yds on a whitetail doe. DEAD IN HER TRACKS! Im loving this gun with this load!

I can say I've never had a problem I've shot them out up to 3100 ft./s but I am talking to 140 VLD I've never tried any 156s and about his testing he said it didn't get much penetration it already went through a 16 inch gel block and into the second he mention separation but he pulled them both out with his finger so they didn't separate by much they were together in the block as far as tumbling I doubt he had to twist rate to support the bullet anyway never mind going 1500 ft./s Not too much slower it would be subsonic

I can say I've never had a problem I've shot them out up to 3100 ft./s but I am talking to 140 VLD I've never tried any 156s and about his testing he said it didn't get much penetration it already went through a 16 inch gel block and into the second he mention separation but he pulled them both out with his finger so they didn't separate by much they were together in the block as far as tumbling I doubt he had to twist rate to support the bullet anyway never mind going 1500 ft./s Not too much slower it would be subsonic
I didn't say people don't get results nor did he. I believe he said he didn't like how they perform for him. I simply was stating the same
There are plenty of other gel testing out there that show similar results. As for the twist with that weight I shoot 160gr out my stock 1:8 rifle with a 20" barrel. In fact it is really accurate too; less then 1/2MOA.
NOT trying to have a bun fight here. Glad they work for you.

I decided to watch most of his videos WRT Ballistic gel and projectiles and have concluded that his test seem consistent and as close to how all bullet manufacturers and FBI test.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.