About Me

unvisable

I am David North. I live at Adner, LA and work for the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (Highway Dept.). I am a Professional Engineer.

I am married to my first wife (July 08 will be 37 yrs) and she still thinks that I hunt too much. I think that it is just right (every minute that I can).

Started wanting to stretch my barrel about 3yrs ago and like everything else that I have done it has become a consuming passion.

My wife and daughter are professional horse trainers and we live on the family farm. Hunter Jumpers. My wife is probably the best beginning rider instructor ever - I call her the Pied Piper of Adner.

Longest deer kill - 416 lasered - last Sunday. I have learned that SMK's are not reliable for hunting, but they sure seem to make all of the deer I've shot with them give up the ghost.

I don't get to shoot enough! I wish we had praire dogs in LA. I would rather kill hogs than deer, cause nobody cares how many or if it would have been a real trophy NEXT year.

For those that do not know, in LA you have about 3 seconds to make a decision about whether to kill that buck that you see. If you pass a shot your chances of seeing it again hover just above ZERO.

I like shooting targets but I love shooting game. I reload. Shoot 308, 300 RUM, 45-70. Accurate is pretty, the rest is artwork (some good, some not).
I am a kick sissy. I am not a good enough shot to shoot with marginal equipment.

I enjoy LRH and read it most days.

enough

Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (Highway Dept.). I am a Professional Engineer.

That is so funny if a person actually has ever driven through Louisisana.:D

I couldn't resist that, I am a sanitary engineer. I walk behind a big truck and throw garbage in.:D

i went to florida 3yrs ago to trailer a boat back for buddy and that strech of I-10 between tx and fl has to be the worst i've ever seen granted they where working on it at the time so i'm sure its improved . sorry were are my manners welcome to the site there are a bunch of great peaple here that are more than willing to share their knowledge

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.