A3 vs T2

rjackh

cant decide between the two. i know i cant really go wrong with either but does anybody use either of these on their hunting guns? id like to save as much weight as possible but cost is a major factor in my decision. id rather gain a pound and save a couple hundred dollars ya know? thanks for the help

cant decide between the two. i know i cant really go wrong with either but does anybody use either of these on their hunting guns? id like to save as much weight as possible but cost is a major factor in my decision. id rather gain a pound and save a couple hundred dollars ya know? thanks for the help

A3 as in M 16-A3 ?? You have a great economy of words.
I really have no clue what you're asking.
Please explain.

any ideas? manners' t3 is pretty appealing to me. wide forend, high cheek, kind of mix between traditional hunting and tactical stock

just saw that the T3 and T2 both are 2.6lbs so between the two id have to take the t3...

Last edited:
Both are great stocks. I personally have two T2's. One is on my 6X47 Lapua f-class rifle and the other is going on a 300 RUM. I like the T2 for both applications.

Here is a pic of my SSG built 6X47 Lapua.
033.jpg

The A5 may be a touch lighter, but if you look at the Manners websight for the F250 toughness, I beleive those couple extra ounces are put to good use!!!

wow the a5 is lighter than the T2? are you sure about that? or does it really depend on what fill you get? im looking for a light tactical rifle that i can carry hunting. i would probably get the lightest/no fill if possible on an a5 for my application

The A3 is my fave and you can get it with McM's EDGE technology/fill.

A call to McM will get you the weights , but IIRC it should come out at around 22 oz or so.

There is also a stickied thread in the "custom and wilcat" section over at 24hourcampfire.com that has the different fill weights on the McM's

wes in AZ...with A3's !!!

is the A3 about the most hunting oriented verticle grip stock i can get my hands on?

i had a site of a company that kept mcms in stock but i cant remember what it was now, anybody know who keeps them in stock?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.