A2 stock cheek piece

Cordell

Guys,

I have been looking for a less expensive way to add an adjustable cheek piece to an AR-15 A2 stock.

I thought about a Karsten check piece or the like but after doing some checking it would only add about 1 inch of adjustment due to the buffer tube. I thought about the Magpul butt stock but do not want to spend $200.00 plus on a butt stock if I can find something that works all most as well.

Any ideas would be of great help.

Don't need to change it once it's set? Foam mattress and duck tape.

scotiatrip4-09001.jpg

The PRS is the gold standard, though.

NomadPilot,

I thought about that type of rest but want something more adjustable, with ease.

I started looking tonight for Kydex sheets and think I will get one and make a home brew Kydex rest if I can find the hardware needed.

Keep the ideas coming
Thank you

I will be building a 20 in rifle using a BCM ( BCM M16 Government 20 Upper Receiver Group ) upper with a MI SS 15 hand guard. I will use YHM mini riser and their 5 in riser rail and Burris Signature Zee rings (Med) for a Bushnell 3200 5-15x40mm Mil-dot scope.

I did not think anyone made one but wanted to make sure. I think my best option is to make one of of Kydex.

I will be building a 20 in rifle using a BCM ( BCM M16 Government 20 Upper Receiver Group ) upper with a MI SS 15 hand guard. I will use YHM mini riser and their 5 in riser rail and Burris Signature Zee rings (Med) for a Bushnell 3200 5-15x40mm Mil-dot scope.

I did not think anyone made one but wanted to make sure. I think my best option is to make one of of Kydex.
Why would you add all that hight to your optics set up? Is it a physical problome? You dont need it, try and spr style mount from Larue, American defince machine, or Bobro. All that high is not needed.

This is the same set up I have on another AR (minus the scope) and I works very well for me.

ICHM

I think the "5 inch riser rail" confused you it is 5 inches in length not 5 inches high.

Here is a pic of what the set up looks like, so we all are on the same page.

DSCN0260.jpg

I ordered a sheet of Kydex and will use that to form and make a vertical adjustable cheek piece for the A2 stock. The 20 inch AR project the cheek piece will go on is a few months off. I am working on an SBR project at this time.

Thanks for the input guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.