A wee problem

Boyd Heaton

Hi MooseHunter...With the 300 Win Mag I would probably shoot 220's or even the 200's.Reason being,I don't think the Win Mag has the powder capacity to make use of such a BIG bullet...A 200gr MK at around 2850 to 2900fps would be very flat shooting hard hitting round.And yes the 9twist should work very well for you....Buy yourself some 200gr Mk.I think with that sized case you will be very happy.Just my 2 cent's.....And welcome to LRH...R-WEST told me you were coming.....

Well that does reassure me somewhat. I had the rifle out today with some 200gr. spbt just to start the break in. It was almost funny with a 50mph crosswind. I got the elevation where I wanted and said to hell with everything else. Anyway, keep that knowledge coming cause one can never have to much information. And thanks.

Hello all. I need some tech info. When I read about Sierra's new 240gr MK in 30 cal. I rushed right out and rebarreled my win 70 in 300win mag with a heavy stainless with a 1-9 twist as Sierra reccomended. Now I find out we cant get these bullets up here in the boonies and if we could they only come in 500's so Id have to take a bank oan out to get them. My question is, if I cant locate some of these puppies, how can I expect this barrel to shoot the next best thing,ie: 220gr mk.
confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.