A Unicorn

BNemitz30

Wanted to put some feelers out. My dad recently purchased a 45-120 C. Sharps and is now looking for some brass. He's looked in all the usual places to no avail. Would anyone on here be willing to point us in the right direction as to where to find some? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I Did a quick search and Buffalo Arms has loaded ammo. Expensive, but available. Your dad may not like shooting it to much unless he's can handle recoil well.seems people had it remade into 45-90 because of stiff recoil. I owned a sharps in 45-70 and with smokeless powder it was a handful.

Wanted to put some feelers out. My dad recently purchased a 45-120 C. Sharps and is now looking for some brass. He's looked in all the usual places to no avail. Would anyone on here be willing to point us in the right direction as to where to find some? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
You may want to keep your eye on this site also. Not in stock presently. But maybe in the future. https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/1182/1/CASE-45-120

What do you mean by .45 basic case and cut to length?
This my be your solution. A little pricey. But in Stock. i would decide quickly seeing how the supply chain is.

Last edited:
What do you mean by .45 basic case and cut to length?
I think he is looking at something like this.

Thank you! Definitely another option to add! Seems a bit steep in price but when your shooting these kinds of rounds I suppose price isn't too much of a concern! Finding something that you can put through the rifle is!

Thank you! Definitely another option to add! Seems a bit steep in price but when your shooting these kinds of rounds I suppose price isn't too much of a concern! Finding something that you can put through the rifle is!
I think I would call & speak to someone there before ordering. Just to ensure these will work. And possibly get a better price on buying bulk.

Pity, my brass went with the rifle, had 200 pieces. Rifle was a Ruger No.1 with 28" barrel. Recoil was stiff but nothing excessive. Never ran smokeless or copper jackets through it, used it on 500 metre steel.
I think my brass was Bertram, but could be wrong about that.

Cheers.

Buffalo Hunter!!

We have some .45-90 cartridges and they are BIG. Can't imagine shooting a .45-120!
Good luck finding some reloading brass.
Sure would like to see that rifle and maybe even shoot it.
What sights are on it?

Recent Posts