A True Confession

If your ok with horses going in somewhere should be ok with a bike… aside from laws not all laws are smart or make sense. I grew up with horses they destroy ****.
The proverbial horse is out of the barn on that one.

I'd much prefer eliminating horse access to wilderness areas than adding any sort of wheels to wilderness trail access. I doubt that would ever happen although I would find it amusing to see packers and guides having to hire Sherpas like they are on a Mt Everest mission.

I think that some people look at E-Bikes for hunting like they are Dirt Bikes tearing everything up and having hundreds of bikes on the same track.
It's not much more than a pedal bike in the woods.
I wish that I had one now for Yote Hunting since I can't walk a five mile loop with a shotgun, rifle, scopes, NV, Decoys in a big backpack like I did several years ago before my neck surgeries.

It would be nice if people were honest about a discussion for once.

The issue for most hunters is that there are too many other hunters. How they get there doesn't matter. If they are there, then it's a problem.

Now lets have another thread talking about how important it is to get more hunters involved in hunting... when there are already too many hunters out there. lol 🤣

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

@Litehiker E-bikes are cool.. use them where permitted to use anything motorized and you're good.. i have no problem with them as long as they are used properly and in accordance with the law we all have to follow ..

Problem is like @Reelamin said "most" are getting them to go where they shouldn't Legally because they dont give a frick about anyone else but themselves. and when doing so are in clear violation of the law.

A lot off topic but, On the topic of "it should all be foot traffic only no horses cuzz they suck and tear up so much ground" .. hate to be the bearer of bad news but 999,999% of all trails in the united states where put in and are where maintained by horses accessing them. When was the last time you hiked 37 miles into the frank church to clear trails with a hand saw???!!! I'll wait!

without them your beloved foot traffic only trails would be slim to none! And the next time I'm on my trusty steed and I see a hiker/hunter benefitting and following the maintained trail that has been put there and maintained by horse traffic, I'll stop and ask .. sure is nice having this trail here isn't it?? and I will bet .. I know their answer.

@Litehiker E-bikes are cool.. use them where permitted to use anything motorized and you're good.. i have no problem with them as long as they are used properly and in accordance with the law we all have to follow ..

Problem is like @Reelamin said "most" are getting them to go where they shouldn't Legally because they dont give a frick about anyone else but themselves. and when doing so are in clear violation of the law.

A lot off topic but, On the topic of "it should all be foot traffic only no horses cuzz they suck and tear up so much ground" .. hate to be the bearer of bad news but 999,999% of all trails in the united states where put in and are where maintained by horses accessing them. When was the last time you hiked 37 miles into the frank church to clear trails with a hand saw???!!! I'll wait!

without them your beloved foot traffic only trails would be slim to none! And the next time I'm on my trusty steed and I see a hiker/hunter benefitting and following the maintained trail that has been put there and maintained by horse traffic, I'll stop and ask .. sure is nice having this trail here isn't it?? and I will bet .. I know their answer.
Preach!!! I only went 26 miles into the frank but the trail was very nice and I didn't see any backpackers with 2 man hand saws.

It would be nice if people were honest about a discussion for once.

The issue for most hunters is that there are too many other hunters. How they get there doesn't matter. If they are there, then it's a problem.

Now lets have another thread talking about how important it is to get more hunters involved in hunting... when there are already too many hunters out there. lol 🤣

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

For me its not about the amount of hunters .. (there is steep decline country wide actually)
It's the amount of disrespect involved with hunters these days!

I might have been a bit cheeky but in all seriousness I believe if a horse can go, there shouldn't be a Ebike restriction.

Both give the hunter more range & load pack-out capabilities.

I cut trails in the church yearly lol trails are nice but not deal breaker for them to not be there for me. I personally dont like horses simply because i dont like baby sitting them I just want to hunt. I also dont take a bike in where it isn't allowed. Most places i go a bike just cant
point is ... if you're maintaining legal trails in the Frank church they were put there using horse/mule pack strings and horse/mule drawn trail plows.. ! but people forget how they got there and all of a sudden chastise the very thing that gave them what they have!!!
I dont hunt with horses all the time either, but where I do hunt with them they are a necessity.

not directed at you @Ridgereaper338 but Access to any wilderness/ roadless areas in United states is there because of the horse, mule and donkey!! It makes me smile every time a squirrel squeezer says "I'd love to see horses kicked out of the wilderness areas" as they walk on 100 year old horse provided trails knowing **** well they ain't even packing a pocket knife let alone a hand saw to clear/maintain anything in the trail!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:
Going to hit the Ignore button on this one but wanted to get one last comment in.
Some LRH members disagree with E-Bikes and also Horses.
How many LRH Members actually are/were/have been negatively affected by E-Bikes and Horses while hunting??? Real life experience! Do you see them running around you hunting area? Do you see a negative environmental impact for a Horse or E-Bike? Did they affect the animals you are hunting?
Please put your personal experience so we can see how many hunters that Horses and E-Bikes are affecting.

I do agree if the State/Federal Land is marked and prohibits Motor Vehicles, Bicycles, Horses and only foot traffic then should only have "Foot Traffic"

Last edited:
For me its not about the amount of hunters .. (there is steep decline country wide actually)
It's the amount of disrespect involved with hunters these days!
I think the PERCENTAGE of hunters are down as the population of the US rises. We're a smaller and smaller segment and recruiting more hunters isn't going to help that percentage, and we already have too many people hunting!

Recent Posts