A shout out for a good supplier

Rich Coyle

Today, Wayne York at oregunsmithing.llc called to tell me the replacement stock is being shipped. Halleluiah! It will be here in time for me to work up a load with some Hammer 6.5mm 130 grain bullets for my pig hunt on May 31-June 1. (I have some 124 grainers with a better B.C. but expect to get closer than 400 yards. Hey, I'll take one at fifty yards if I can.) Anyway the first stock was heavier than I expected so he told me to send it back. Today he told me they made a whole new stock that is 6.2 ounces lighter. He didn't even charge me for shipping. I am delighted, of course.

For those interested it is my 6.5Coyle based on a 9.3X64 Brenneke with a Weatherby shoulder; 'cause I like the look. It matches a .264 Win Mag but I use it in a small Weatherby designed around the .30-06. Before the present barrel I called it 6.5SLR.

Good to hear! Good Luck on the pigs!

Very interesting idea-looks like it should beat the Win Mag a bit. There are still some good European cartridges that haven't been explored by wildcatters enough. Sounds like a pleasure to carry.

What twist did you choose?

morning the San Antonio, TX. city council is offering
$5.00 per pig tail, cause of the havoc hogs tear up. take in
advise that booking a hog hunt is low end $100
for hog 100lbs. 1 dollar per lb. over the 100lb.
limit. high end whatever the landowner wants to
charge. does anyone see the numbers of hog tails
turned in for $5.00?? the state of TX. does not
regulate the #'s of hogs a person can kill. the land
owners regulate the cost per lb. a hunting lease in TX. starts at $1500
and run into the tens of thousands of dollars. this, does
cover in purchase of package hunts all supplies
and lodging. the cost of hog meat just went up.
hogs r a dangerous predator. very good table fare.
what is the cost of a pig tail???? the city council
of San Antonio TX. is totally liberal. pass around
the plates of pig crap. justme gbot tum

Hey Rich have you happened to check capacity of fireformed cases? Can you post a pic of your SLR?

It holds 84.0 grains of water. Maybe you can see where the machinist turned off the belt and cut a new extraction groove. The parent case is Lapua 7 Rem Mag. I couldn't find any 9.3X64 Brenneke brass. I've been running Hammer Hunter 124 grainers at 3,280 feet per second.

By the way the 'smith changed the stamp on the barrel to 6.5Coyle for some reason. I guess some folks like to put their thoughts on the finished product.

1.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.