A Short Christmas Story

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107796

Back around Christmas of 1988, my late friend Bill came over with a small wrapped gift. I opened it up and it was a box of Rem Core-Lokt ammo. He right away said that there's something that comes with it and rushed out to his Jeep. He came back in with the rifle in the image, with a single red bow on the stock. It's a Rem model 722 in 257Roberts made in 1950 and sporting a handmade stock and military style leather sling that his grandfather made and an old bulletproof Weaver K4 scope. To this day, it's the only family heirloom I own. He would invite me on pronghorn hunts with a family that has homesteaded on the CO eastern plains since the late 1800s and that allowed us exclusive use of 10+ square miles to hunt, a ranch filled with milo and corn fields. It was a blessing and a rich tradition to have been exposed to hunting in this way. Like my friend, the original rancher's family is gone, but this tradition has been continued and like all of my mentors, any strength I may have and the real spirit of giving in me, comes from them.
Happy and peaceful holidays, all. mike
Rem722.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.