A Sad Day.

Mate i live in Sydney and lost a large sambar stag last year also so understand where you are comming from . 3 of us looked for 2 days with no luck as snow sleet and rain washed away any chance we had.

My 2 cents, if you live close to your hunting ground could you have borrowed a mates scent trailing hound ? It is amazing what they can find .

My Old man shot a Fallow stag on a property that we have accses to and it took off into tall blade grass. We looked for hours before i dove home got my wiemeraner and came back. he found it in 5min.

Just a suggestion for next time . ( hopefully for you there wont be )

JAWZ:)

JAWZ,

Yes we did try all the tricks you mentioned, but alas no luck ? Just one of those things that ends up happening to everyone if you hunt long enough I quess ?

God help those big brown moose this year, the EDGE is here !!

DUH

I think this will fit in the " SAD DAY" and I certainly don't wish to still your thunder.

A few months ago I was invited to Maine for a black bear hunt. I had a fantastic time and couldnot ask for a better Guild than Moe Hart at Bear Ledge Kennels. I was able to see plrnty of big bears.

The sad part of this hunt is that I am only 38 and this was my last hunt. Upon returning to N.C. from Maine I learned of cancer returning to my brain. There are 3 tumors, that cannot be surgically removed and will kill me.The doctor told me last week that I had 2 choices. I could stop the chemo and live as good as possibile until nature takes it's course Or I can continue the chemo and be sick until nature takes it's course. Either choice has the same result so I have choosen to stop chemo and live as good as I can until that day.

Mike Alford

A "sad day"? You cotton wraped pure soul

If you were in our army, you would found the deer by yourself regardless if it was sun, rain, hail, storm or snow. So don't crap about you sob story and learn how to shoot.

Peter

Mate we have the best special forces units in the world and we regulary take you boys to town in war games conducted here and overseas.
Get a grip.

JAWZ:confused:

JAWZ-Mike

Jawz to claim that Australia has the best army in the World , that you'r a cockhead.

Mike the army doesn't bread the whimps like you alike and the job is completed only when everything is is done as planned. In this case the plan was to shoot and find the deer. Not just to shoot and then go home when the going gets too tough for the cottton wrapped mummas boy. Cockhead.

Peter

Didn't realize that you are gods perfect freaking gift to the world P Kunda. Get a grip man! I'm sure the guy didn't want to lose the deer, and he will be a better hunter for it in the future. Remember, nothing goes according to plan all the time, not for americans or aussies;) So let's drop the military debate and talk about how not to lose an animal in the future. AL

I had that happen to me once too, made a good shot and spent 2.5 days looking for an elk. Pools of red blood that eventually clotted. Probably ended up as wolf food. I don't see how this all relates to brain cancer or military training, but losing an animal sucks and even if you spent more than a couple of hours looking you probably did more than the average american hunter.

Peter, once again you prove your a flippen moron. Nothing you say suprises me anymore. Why don't you crawl back in your hole.

Yes I was in the U.S. Marines 88-92 and I have lost a game animal. Yes I trained with the Aussies in Thailand and they are legit.

Mke, My prayers are with you and your loved ones, I hope you truly enjoy the rest of your days here. 38 is definitely too young, we are pretty close in age and I can't imagine what it must be like.

Mike Atkison

Below are you're last 2 post and they are totally uncalled for. Anyone that hunts long enough and kills enough game will sooner or latter have a bad out come. To figure out the problem and to correct it is the key and you have offered nothing in this reguard. As a mtter of fact you have not made one positive contribution to this thread and have only offered negativity and bull crap.

If you were in our army, you would found the deer by yourself regardless if it was sun, rain, hail, storm or snow. So don't crap about you sob story and learn how to shoot.

Peter

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.