A+ rating for Hammer Bullets

Hespco

After having spent considerable time & bullets fired, & 6.5 123gr Absolute bullet trying to get it to shoot thru two 6.5's . Results for me was that I could not get a hunt-able size group. Try as I might with different powders & seating depths , nothing worked. These two rifles are extremely accurate , 1/2" to sub 1/2" shooters with the Hammer 121gr Hunter. So you can understand my dismay at the lack of accuracy with the Absolute. Anyway talking to Steve he graciously , without one bit of hesitation offered a full refund or a replacement with the 121gr Hunter bullet. I took the replacement with the 121gr Hunter. Said they would go out today. What more could you ask for. A truly reputable outfit....

Steve, do you have a loading manual or plan to produce one for hammer bullets?
We don't at this time. The Hammer Hunter and Shock Hammer lines will work well with conventional load data for like weight bullets. They will tend to show less pressure than conventional bullets so always safe. The Absolute Hammers do not line up with conventional load data as they have greatly reduced pressure and should only be loaded by experienced hand loaders that are comfortable developing loads without data to support.

I'm sure that down the road there will be our own load data, but it will be a while yet.

Looks like, at least for 25.06, the cost from the Custom Cartridge will be around $75/box + $20-$25 for shipping, so basically $5/round. I totally don't get the shipping cost as that seems way out of line, but that's what they said. Federal Premium with Barnes runs about $2.30/round. I guess I don't feel that price is too bad. It's not like you're going to be shooting prairie dogs with these bullets. YMMV.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.