A question about dialing in MILS.

WildBillG

I have a Swaro z6 that dials .5 cm at 100 m. Now from what I have reead 1cm at 100m is one tenth of a mil. If my bullet drop chart says I need to come up 1.6 mils I would assume at 1cm at 100m I would dial 16 clicks. With my Swaro would I then need 32clicks.
My other question would then be what measurement are the clicks on most MRAD scopes?

I have a Swaro z6 that dials .5 cm at 100 m. Now from what I have reead 1cm at 100m is one tenth of a mil. If my bullet drop chart says I need to come up 1.6 mils I would assume at 1cm at 100m I would dial 16 clicks. With my Swaro would I then need 32clicks.
My other question would then be what measurement are the clicks on most MRAD scopes?

I would suggest your do a tall target test to see what click values truly are. Some scopes are very accurate and some can vary a little. I have seen some at 95% and others 5% over. Might as well start with accurate info.

10 clicks in a mil usually if the scope is at 10th click intervals. So it would be 16 clicks. Shouldn't matter the clicks though, just dial 1.6 mils.

Most common mrad scopes are 1/10th mil increment. 1/10th at 100y is roughly .36 inches, or .39 inches at 100m.

That was what I assumed at 1/10 mil. However My scope is .5cm at 100m. To add to the funthe hash marks only go half way around the turret so I will need to count clicks. I am assuming it is ok to dial a scope as long as you can reset your zero.

A .5 cm group would basically be a 1 holer. Shoot a group and measure how far the center of that group moved from zero. One shot is never enough when experimenting.

Example- 1 inch is 2.54 cm. .5 cm is less than .25 inches. I have some real accurate rifles but not one of them is better than .25" every time I pull the trigger.

Edit: specs on that scope definitely say it is 5mm at 100m per click. So, while my information is still accurate, that scope has very fine adjustments.

Last edited:
Yes, 32 clicks would be right. I just ran across a MIL/CM/MOA conversion chart last night in a Burris Owners manual online. I was looking up info on the XTR II and it was on page 15 of the users guide. I tried to send you the pdf file but it said it was too big.

Thank you all for your help I am going to check my scope and take some measurements. I have the CTS turret buider saved and will see if a label will fit. Not sure why Swaro put such same clicks on this scope. Sure hope it can spin around 20 revolutions or more. That is from where I amzeroed now or I wil be hard pressed to dial 600yds.

That was what I assumed at 1/10 mil. However My scope is .5cm at 100m. To add to the funthe hash marks only go half way around the turret so I will need to count clicks. I am assuming it is ok to dial a scope as long as you can reset your zero.

I would download the Swarovski apps and it will give you your click values...

But you need to do a tall target test. They could be off... the newer models are pretty solid.

I think some here haved missed what I was really asking. What I wanted to know was with my scope calibrated at 1 click equal to .5cm at 100m. How much would I have to turn it to meet normal 1cm at 100m clicks. Thank you to those who understood and stated I would need twice as many clicks. I know all were trying to help and my explanation may have been poor.

I figured you knew that .5 means one half, so you'd have to double the clicks to get the same result, that's like junior high math. I was referring to having to count clicks because the marks aren't completely circumferential, forget that noise.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.