A Problem With ALL Ruger American centerfire rifles

I just remembered WHY I left ALL forms 11 years ago. The incessant attention seeking from idiocracy practitioners.... NON- locking bolt RP RIFLE-
My 15 year old daughter knows carry chamber EMPTY.
You get what you pay for....and in your case LESS as you've ALLOWED this to occur MORE than once- I'd say you need safety refresher.

Last edited:
Inexpensive rifle with non locking bolt.... I just remembered why I LEFT all forms 11 years ago. Reading this leaves me realizing the idiocracy of surgeon

seeking

I just remembered WHY I left ALL forms 11 years ago. The incessant attention seeking from idiocracy practitioners.... NON- locking bolt RP RIFLE-
You get what you pay for....and in your case LESS as you've ALLOWED this to occur MORE than once- I'd say you need safety refresher.

Really? You are here for 30 minutes and your first post is to start bashing people on a two year old thread because they want a bolt lock on their rifle?

Not sure where you're from but I've been carrying a fully loaded rifle since I started hunting at 12 with a Browning A-Bolt in .243, which coincidentally has a bolt lock. I then moved on to a 7600, 1903 Springfield and Winchester Model 70's all of which lock the bolt/action in some fashion preventing accidental round ejection. Subsequently I've killed deer I jumped while walking too and from my stand so having to rack a round into an empty chamber is a hinderance up here in PA where we don't have the luxury of seeing animals from a long way off.

Additionally I'm not seeing the safety issue you mentioned? I hunted for 15 years with the above rifles without issue and it wasn't until I took my Nucleus hunting in 2018 that I ever ejected a round onto the ground. When I readjusted the slung rifle on my left shoulder like I had been doing for decades the bolt handle caught on my back but unlike my other rifles instead of sliding down and settling in place the bolt caught then popped open and dropped ejecting the round. So was I somehow unsafe for carrying a rifle slung over my left shoulder?

Last edited:

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

OK, ONE LAST TIME!
1.)->ALL Ruger American bolt guns have NO locking bolt when on safe. PERIOD.
2.)-> I only carry a round in the chamber and rifle on safe when hunting ALONE.

(KernL) No, I do not need a "safety refresher", RUGER needs one!

I sold the RAP and bought a (yes, much more expensive) Browning X-Bolt Pro which DOES have a bolt lock when on SAFE. If I want to UNload while on SAFE all I have to do is depress a small square button at the root of the bolt handle, lift the handle and extract the cartridge WHILE ON SAFE.

So - Ruger could make some changes to have a locked bolt while on safe but they chose not to. DUMB.
END OF RANT

Eric B.

Way to come in with a bang!

This attitude and comment won't get you far around here.

I have a an American in .308 as a little brush gun. The bolt lift is very heavy compared to other rifles like tikka and such. Ive run around the thick brush getting scratched and clothes ripped and this thing hasn't ever come open with one in the chamber. Something is wrong with your gun or it's an "operator malfunction".