A nice double

orkan

Went calling for the first time this season. Put in 3 stands. First two were blanks, with one sighting about 800yds out. Third stand produced a nice double.

Took the first dog at 25yds, right in front of the mojo-critter decoy. Hit the pup distress for a minute. Nothing. Got back on the rabbit distress and about a minute later another dog showed up about 450yds out. He was circling toward some trees, so I waited until he stopped for a broadside about 375yds and dumped him with the 22-250.

We could use some more snow to make them a bit easier to see!

IMG_0484.JPG

Anyone else been out?

I got out wed morning was a little foggy rolling in and out overlooking a cut corn field with a berm between it and another field called the rabbit distress a couple min had one about 500yds comming at me fog rolled across and lost sight of it so I called again and it started barking, yipping, and alot of other noise but could not see it was about 170yds out behind the berm and the weeds and grass on it, it went from right to left comming as close as 120 yds but could not see it thru the scope this went on for almost 20min and then it must of not liked something it started the warning yell and left the area. didnt get a shot but its fun getting them to come in anyway. also using a 22-250

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.