A Nice Dinner- Codd Shrimp Scallops Pasta and LOVE

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
With this economy Jill and I have been eating modest meals due to the cost of meat, pork, chicken, veggies.
I figured we would change from Mac & Cheese and Venison.
We got a nice 2 lb filet of wild caught Codd, 8 Jumbo Shrimp, and two dozen bay Scallops.
I had a large frying pan with olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and cubed tomatoes. I heated and simmered this. Then I rubbed in pepper, salt, Cavenders seasoning into the filet and shrimp and placed the Codd, shrimp, scallops on top of this sauce. Covered for 4 minutes and turned over for another 4 minutes. Removed the cover and let the sauce simmer down. Then cooked up some Angel hair Pasta and Jill baked some homemade bread. We had the bread with olive oil/balsamic vinegar/Pesto.
It was one of the BEST meals we had in a really long time and were so thankful what we could have. This meal that wasn't super expensive but was like we were eating at a million $ restaurant and felt so blessed to have this while a of people would have a hard time just getting Pasta.
Just wanted to show a Great meal with a lot of love between us and our thanks to God for what we have.
There is still hope and be thankful for everything we get these days.
God Bless
Len & Jill

Attachments

• Codd Cooking.jpg
    Codd Cooking.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Codd Dinner.jpg
    Codd Dinner.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 79
Looks delicious Len.
The wife came home with locally (deli) made crab cakes and some crab legs last weekend since we haven't had any in quite a while. Was a real treat. Surprisingly, they were the best crab cakes I have had, made in a deli here in Wyoming! Go figure!

I had no idea folks are having a hard time getting pasta. That's crazy! Good ol' spaghetti is a staple in hard times. I know ramen is even non-existant at times here!

I cringe to think Pelosi and Joe may be having to go without spaghetti or ramen!🥴😁

UPDATE
Jill went to the store yesterday and they had "WILD CODD" on sale. Was $19.99 per pound and then yesterday it was $17.99. Well saw that and liked the dinner we mad last week and didn't want hot dogs tonight. So she bought 1 lb. We already had left over shrimp and bay scallop's and seasoning. just needed the angel hair pasta and home made bread.
The only difference was lb of Codd, but we had two pounds of Brim in the freezer. So I mixed everything to gather,
Olive oil, butter, Italian seasoning, garlic, Calvenders season and salt & pepper. on top of the cubed tomatoes
My God it smelt so good.
I got out the codd, brim, shrimp. and bay scallops placed them on the ready simmering tomatoed Sause
I proceeded to cover for 4 minutes whil Jill is cutting the fresh hot bread to be used with olive oil on a plate with balsamic vinier. SO GOOG!!!

Then turn over the codd and shrimp, and brim. an scallops.
So the sauce kept boiling down and when we were ready to eat we propped the Angle hair Pasta that was sitting in butter and olive oil.
AA THE WHILE JILL WAS CUTTUNG FREASH HOME MADE BREAR SO YOU CAN DIP INTO OILIVE AND BALASAMIT

THIS MEAL TURNRD OUTRAGOUS. JUST WISH WE C0ULD HAVE SHAREED OUR WEATH.
SEASONS WERE GREAT
The best part we have leftovers for tomorrow.

NEXT WEEK WE PLAN ON COOKING FROG LEGS, WE HAVE CATTLE PONDS AROUND HERE SO WE CAN SHOOT OR JIG THEM. WANT AT LEAST 1 DOZEN. have a really good recipe to cook frog legs. they are great!!!

I have plenty of venison and hog in the freezer to offset buying meat in the stores except on special occasions. Have to do turkey on thanksgiving and a rib roast on christmas. I need to take up turkey hunting and do more fishing. Plenty of good fresh water alternatives in your area. Brim, catfish, crappie, rockfish, and white bass are all great eating fish. Go over to the mountains and you can get trout. Largemouth, spots, and small mouth are good eating but I don't want to upset any purists.

Looking forward to the Frog Leg recipe.
Another Gourmet Dinner from Len & Jill
Here is our Frog Leg Supreme
First you need to get some big croakers (see picture) skin them and just use the back legs.
Put them in the fridge overnight (we usually put a little salt water in with them)
When you get ready to cook heat your deep fryer with oil to about 400 or if you don't have a fryer just heal the oil up in a pot on the stove. We use Canola Oil.
Take the Frog legs out of the fridge, Get a large bowl and mix up some eggs and a beer (not that Lite stuff). Soak the Legs in the eggs/beer so they are fully covered.
Get a Gallon Zip Lock Baggie. Put in "House Autry" Seafood Batter or any good Batter. Then mix in Italian Seasoning, Pepper, and Cavender's Greek Seasoning. Shake up the bag really well to get everything mixed evenly.
Take several Frog Legs out of the egg/beer mix and drop into the Seafood batter. Close the Zip Lock and shake around to cover the legs.
Take the legs out and put into the hot Canola Oil. You can watch them cook and when they are Golden Brown take out. You can also make "Hush Puppies" with the Seafood Batter by adding Beer and making into Balls. Drop into the hot oil and Golden Brown will be done.
Serve with Tater Tots, Salad, Tartar Sauce and a GOOD Chardonnay or White Zinfandel.

Attachments

• Frog Legs.jpg
    Frog Legs.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Frog Legs mix.jpg
    Frog Legs mix.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Frog Batter.jpg
    Frog Batter.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Frog Legs Dinner.jpg
    Frog Legs Dinner.jpg