A new concept in Muzzle Brakes

Coyboy

"Muscle Brake" By Center Shot Rifles llc.
www.centershotrifles.com

VIDEO OF A 7MM DAKOTA AND 176 GRAIN BULLLETS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMit5FMqp6E&feature=player_embedded

The Muscle brake was designed specifically with the 90 degree first port, to shear the back blast away from the shooter. The concept of this brake was to protect specialty handgun shooters, from the severe concussion/blast effect of traditional angle ported brakes. The benefits of reduced concussion in conjunction with the angled ports will prove popular with magnum rifle enthusiasts as well.

There are a number of good brakes on the market today. Every one of them is designed for function on rifles. This brake is the first designed with short barreled attitude of protecting the shooter from the fierce back blast that is generated from magnum handgun cartridges.

These brakes are manufactured on state of the art CNC equipment to exacting tolerances. Shoulder, threads, OD and thru hole are CNC lathe turned in one set-up, minimizing run-out, and producing the most concentric product possible. You have the choice of thread tennons with these brakes. Pricing will remain the same for mix and match. All brakes are 416SS.
1/2 by 28 tpi, 5/8 by 24 tpi, 11/16 by 24 tpi.

Suggested retail………….$115.00 each

The Muscle brake is approximately 2" long, 1" tall from flat to flat, and 1.25" wide, ports are .250" wide and .800" tall. The thru hole must be lathe bored .020" over bullet diameter during installation. The rear end of the brake can be taper cut to meet barrel OD's under 1 inch.

muscle-front.jpg

muscle-section.jpg

Concept by Neal Cooper, Design by Jim See
Center Shot Rifles llc

Coming soon; The New "Extreme Muscle Brake" will feature a 4 baffle design, with a diameter of 1.5 inches and a length of 2.5 inches. It will be round, and can be left that way for large barrels, or slabed off.

Last edited:
I'll be having a run made of these brakes, and will be available in 2-3 weeks.

Dealer pricing will be available.

Last edited:
Jim, how about replacing my jp with one. Since the stock is one of Neal's it will be a nice combination. Now I have to get up by him and get a bear with it ;-)

Last edited:
Neal if a top hole is necessary it could be put on the first port before or after installation by any mill equiped smith. Seeing how you will be testing a few of them we can do some with or with-out and you can provide feedback.

Morning Mike

I might find a heavy hitter to try it on. The 6 pound striker project with the ultra pencil thin hunting barrels is where its at for me right now.

Scott Null has one of those 17" barrels in 300Win Mag and has four brakes including Kirby Allens PainKiller brake, Nat Dagley's, Vais and Jim's original he is currently testing on his rifle action.

I am waiting for Scott to get finished and ship my barrel and brakes back to me. I will install on the rear grip handgun stocks and test those four plus I have four more to test.

As you know I hunt exclusively with the 338 Calibers, 338 WSM,338 Win Mag, 338 rimmed. The real test for this new brake is my 338 X 378 Improved on a rear grip handgun. The back blast concussion currently with calibers using the big Weatherby case and those short barrels is enough to ring my ears while using earplugs and ear muff protectors over the ears.

Dang, so much to shoot and so little time before Moose season.

Neal

Jim- I got a brake that may not end up suiting my needs. If it doesn't your new brake sounds like perfect medicine. Can you post an image of what it "might" look like. I assume the next one to come is intended for rifles?

jmason, The larger brake has not been finalized yet but will have the same internal apperance as the Muscle Brake with the addition of another angled baffle. The dia. will be increased to 1.5" and may be offered round or slabbed off. It leaves options for those that are using large dia. barrels to keep the same profile on the brake.

The Muscle brake will replace the current brake on my 300 Rum, for rifle testing. I suspect it will perform better than the current brake on that rifle. I'm waiting on a barrel but when ready I will be using is on a 338 lapua and a 7mm Rum. The features that make it a great pistol brake will also due well for rifles.

I will take one of your not made yet big brakes for my 1.350" 338 chey tac when you get them done, Please keep us updated.

Thanks

Eric

Jim

Got a barreled action and a barrel headed your way tomorrow. Barrel has been marked TDC For the Savage.

A third in 338 Breakopen is also coming in the box. Want them all flat Jim. No holes in the top yet.

Add 2 more for the big break Jim!

Neal

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.