A "Nearly Ideal" LRH scope on my 6.5 PRC Hunting Rifle

Litehiker

Over a year ago I bought a Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 scope, FFP, mil/mil. illuminated G3 small Xmas tree reticle.

This scope sits on my lightweight 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro hunting rifle in Talley rings.
->Yeah, it's a few ounces over what I wanted (the "Nearly" in Nearly ideal) but otherwise perfect for long range hunting.
->The small Xmas tree G3 reticle doesn't take up much space but is great for the amount of mil wind holds I'd ever use on game.
-> the 4.5 - 18 zoom is plenty for long range hunting on big game, say out to 1,000 yards for antelope on my shooting sticks.

But sadly Bushnell no longer makes either the LRTS or its predecessor the LRHS. Likely a "business decision" for Bushnell but long range hunters have one less good option for a quality scope.

I love the illuminated reticle for using on overcast days and dark backgrounds. The elevation and windage turrets are low and with the G3 reticle you would not need to touch them for hunting purposes. If it is too windy for the windage lines on the reticle then it's too windy (risky) to shoot at an animal.

*The next very similar scope above the LRTS in quality (with an illuminated reticle option) is a Nightforce ATACR, 3 - 15 x 50 with many reticles from which to choose. Can't go wrong with that Nightforce mil. spec durability and precision.

Eric B.

Last edited:
I'm probably set for a little while....

IMG_6566.JPG

JUDAS PRIEST huntsman! Do you own a store? A Bushnell store? I count SiX of my scope. Or was it like my wife when shopping, just can't pass up a good sale? ;o)

Kimber7man, That's good news about the LRHS2. Hope it has the illuminated reticle option. I'll never buy another hunting scope W/O full illumination, and I'm not talking about a tiny 2 or 3 MOA illuminated dot like Leupold sells.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.