A moron and his uni-throater...

Sorry, but is that for real? wagyu literally means Japanese beef. It is known for being fat marbled and thinly sliced prime cuts of steak.
Wagyu are four breeds of Japanese cattle. the four original breeds are the ones that make up the ultra pricy Japanese stuff. Us and Australian are both crosses with the Japanese's breeds. So if it has a wagyu steak, it has a wagyu brisket. Around me it is the same as Stumpy, about as much as a prime, but a couple pounds smaller. With the extra fat they are a little more forgiving to me.....at least when the rye comes out! ; )

I also notice that I'll trim a prime cut brisket from 17lbs to dang near 14 by the time I get to the desired fat thickness and shape. I trimmed maybe 1/2 lb off this one.

Attachments

• 20220701_143155.jpg
    20220701_143155.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
Nobu sushi in las Vegas has "da bomb" wagyu beef --- my Walmart also has wagyu beef filets and ground--- just not quite the same quality if you ask me

@StumpyJohnson , I'm curious if you ever got your reamer back from PTG and conquered that rye...er 26 nosler. How's it shoot?
Well, the jury is still out. I need to look at my notes, but I did get the reamer back and I did have at it. I will say it didn't shoot worse. I want to make a cast of the chamber and see where I landed. I don't think my theory was wholly correct and I'm not sure that ptg re-cut the reamer per my request... So, rather than feeding it rounds, I decided to err on the side of caution and put it on a shelf for now.

Not sure I'll order another barrel from that manufacturer either. Updates will come to this thread at some time.

Are you asking because you're in a similar situation?

Well, the jury is still out. I need to look at my notes, but I did get the reamer back and I did have at it. I will say it didn't shoot worse. I want to make a cast of the chamber and see where I landed. I don't think my theory was wholly correct and I'm not sure that ptg re-cut the reamer per my request... So, rather than feeding it rounds, I decided to err on the side of caution and put it on a shelf for now.

Not sure I'll order another barrel from that manufacturer either. Updates will come to this thread at some time.

Are you asking because you're in a similar situation?

I hope you're able to get it figured out.

I was considering using a uni throater on my barrel to shoot some heavier bullets. However, I know the exact dimensions of the throater and my barrel, so I wouldn't expect to have the same problem you did unless the reamer I get happens to be cut incorrectly.