A Moment of Silence and a prayer Please.

Broz

This afternoon we came upon a terrible tragic accedent. A man traveling with his wife and two children stopped to change a flat on I 90 and was struck by a passing car. It was a terrible sight and I pray for him, his wife, and two childred that were traveling with him.

May god bless this family and be with them at one of the worst times anyone could encounter.

Amen.

Jeff

All I can say is my probelms are so small.................

I'll add those to my prayers for the many that lost so much in the Colorado Springs area in the last few days.

Not sure who first stated that "it isn't hard to find those that make our own problems seem insignificant" but it remains true.

Jack

So sorry to hear about this accident . anytime the word children is said it gets my attention . Did u find out the condition of the father ? please keep us posted maybe your local news channel will tell more about it. I will definately pray for this family. I sure take for granted the many blessings that the Lord gives me everyday. Eyes to see with, ears to hear my preciouse little girls with, and hands to hold them with . When we look at life in this aspect then we can all say that we a are richly BLESSED!!

Dear Lord I pray that you would pour out your Grace to this family and that you would intervene in this situation . Put your almighty hand over this family so they will have help with the out come of this wreck . Strenghten them Lord . Amen.

BigBuck, I am sorry to report the father was pronounced dead at the scene. I have spent much time thinking about this. I am so sorry for the mother and children to have been there to see this.

Jeff

Last edited:
I will say a prayer too.

This is the kind of thing that makes you want to give your own a big hug before bedtime.

In my heart I know that God will be with them no matter the outcome, but it still hurts.

Thanks,
Ed

I feel for this family and for you and your wife Jeff. Everytime I hear of these senseless accidents it takes me back to the day we lost my wifes father. Not easy to deal with and changes life forever! May you all find peace!

BigBuck, I am sorry to report the father was pronounced dead at the scene. I have spent much time thinking about this. I am so sorry for the mother and children to have been there to see this.

Jeff

I am very sorry to hear this Jeff, I have 2 little girls and I hope to be around until they get old but you never know. I know people will read these posts and wonder why God would allow this to happen ? If any one is thinking this way then I would like to ask you to read about Job in the King James Bible.. It tells of a story were the Lord allowed Job (one of his servants) to suffer Great loss pretty much all that he had. He lost Family, Cattle and his health. Not one time did Job curse God and in the end God doubly blessed Job . The Lord will provide for this family and help them just as he restored Job.

Job Chapter 1

Verse 1 There was a man in the Land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

verse18 While he was yet speaking , there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking in their eldest brother's house:
verse 19 And behold , there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house,and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

This book of the Bible is guaranteed to help in times like this for folks that are in bereavment and folks trying to understand why these things take place.

Look up Job chapter 42 verse 12 and it talkes about how the Lord blessed jobs latter end more than his first . Sometines we dont see it but God has something better on down the road in this road of life if I could say it that way.

sorry not to high jack your post friend but wanted 2 be of help to you and all who may read this..... will be praying for you and your family as well !

I was traveling this past week and returned yestrerday. Traffic was very heavy and the heat was high. Temps from 98 to 108. I saw several vehicles with tire problems. I was amazed at the number of people that were changing tires on the shoulder of the interstate.
This is not the place for changing a tire. You can drive on a flat. You will have to slow down and it may cause further damage to the tire but the price of that tire is not worth your life. Drive to the next exit on the shoulder out of traffic with your flashers on. You can also call the Highway patrol and notify them of your location and if they have an officer close they will come to assist you in safely getting out of harms way.

One of the things my Dad was good at, was stopping to help folks stranded at the roadside. Kids ****ing and moaning about getting to the lake, wife grousing about being stuck in the car with hot miserable kids he stopped. He's too old for stopping these days, and I don't stop as often as I should. Prayers for this family, and for those that just stop because they know the quicker folks are out of a vulnerable position the better. Prayers also for the folks that have stopped for me over the years.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.