A-Max Hunting Bullet?

well for me I look at the A-max's like a Nosler BT.if you put one of these in the wrong place it too will blow up.thats why most hunters around my area DO NOT like them.the NBT I mean.but for example a friend shooting a 300wm with a 165gn NBT shoot a deer in the jaw takeing a head shoot.let me tell ya I still cannot say why the deer died.all it did was blow the bottom jaw slam off.I guess the shock is what killed it.and the bullet was running 3100fps from the muzzel,but it was a 150 yard shoot.this again is why I like the heavies,and try to place it in the best area for that distance the deer is.

and as one has already said.putting the bullet in the boiler room should have given a dead deer.but I am not saying what happened didn't.

and for me no matter how fast I am shooting the bullet I will make sure of where I am going to place the bullet.say for 50 yards or even out to 100.I will go for the head.this way the bullet will make a good kill with less meat loss.and if its 200 or more I take a heart shot.this way the bullet has less chance of blowing up,but still blows up to some point.just not as much bone to drill through like the head/neck area.

and again thats why I like the heavier bullets for deer hunt'n.more weight means less chance or should I say not as bad of blowing up the bullets do.

heck for me I learned from shooting a doe one time.shoot it with a 55gn NBT at 100 running 3300fps from a 223.and let me tell ya,it sure messed up the one side it went in.lost about the size of a foot ball or better of meet with that one.so now like I said before.I use a BIGGER BULLET for deer hunt'n.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you should really make sure of your self before you make the shoot.and do a good work up for that one rifel useing the A-max of choice.heck if you know for sure it will be a really close shoot run the bullet at a slower speed so that it can have a chance to expand.but hey all I have said is something I do and just my opinion.so if you want take it with a grain of salt.I just think the fly better and work just the same as a NBT.but the A-max has a little softer jacket than a NBT does.

good shooting and hope you find/figure out what you want to do.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.