A Little Shocked

MarkA

Super Shocked that is. I have been shooting the 140 gr SST in Hornadys loading for several years with good results.

Strictly for mid range whitetails.

All this talk about bonded versions put me thinking I need to try them. So I picked up a box of Interbonds in 140s to try.

Exact same shape, same speed, big difference in accuracy.

I shoot a older factory Sendero in 7mm RM.

At 300 yds the 140 SST averages 3" for 5 shot groups.

The Interbond 140 shot over 7", yes 7". Tried 2 more groups and averaged right at 7" also. Not fliers, just giant groups.

Never would have guessed it.

Now off to the accubonds I guess.

Some folks have reported air pockets in the Interbonds. That may be the issue with your bullets. Before you blame that, did you clean the barrel thoroughly before shooting the HIBs? Just a thought . . . .

[ QUOTE ]
Some folks have reported air pockets in the Interbonds. That may be the issue with your bullets. Before you blame that, did you clean the barrel thoroughly before shooting the HIBs? Just a thought . . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Did not think that I should since both SST and HIB were moly coated.

I've tried various 30cal Interbonds in an accurate 300 RUM and could not find the accuracy I was looking for so I run the Accubonds or Scirocco's instead, shot .75-1.25 moa where the Interbonds were at least 2 moa.
To me the Interbonds are worthless..
Wayne aka WAMBO

I found the same thing in my 300 H&H. Interbonds and SST's both would not shoot well in the gun n 150 grn. The Nosler BTip in 150 were shooting 1" all day, the Hornady's in the 3 to 5 in. range. I dont know if its the length of the bullet and difference in seating depth, but I have a 6mm that would shoot nothing but Core lokt bullets, nothing long would shoot at all. Never know, some guns like everything and some are very picky.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts