A little PD Shooting with my AR-15 Pistol

Ernie

SPONSOR
To change things up last week, while I was out dogging, I zeroed my Burris 1-4 at 50 yards. This is my AR-15 pistol, that has two uppers. The lower and the two uppers are from Glen Seekins. Timney trigger. This one has a Rock 1-7 twist barrel, that is 7 inches long, and has one of Chuck McIntosh's brakes.

I carried Holland's small brick bag with me some of the time, but most of the time I was just shooting prone with no bi-pod or bag. The first picture is of a dog at 124 yards (prone), and the second one I shot right at 50 yards standing off hand. I use the sling on all shots. The Black Hills Ammo with a 50 grain V-MAX did an awesome job as you can tell.

I am going to be putting a different optic on the second upper as well, to specifically play at distance a little bit. I use the 69 grain Smacks and TAC for my 15 inch upper.
QUHJ6OLl.jpg

m73U0wEl.jpg

VFkAzcMl.jpg

Now here's a post you don't run across everyday. Neat! Good shooting. Never really thought of using an AR-15 in pistol format to hunt the prairie dogs, but why not? Seems like it's getting the job done and probably a lot of fun (and good practice) in the process.

My second upper is a Seekins as well, with a Rock 15.75" barrel, and I have clanged steel with it out beyond 1100 yards

Nice Capitan! I see you're still using Holland's bag. I just took some of the fill out of mine last week and like it much better.

Between Holland's bag, and the little leather pillow bag I've used for years, it takes care of me in most situations

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.