A little off topic/music choices

[ QUOTE ]
Roy

Im from mississippi, what is the redneck national anthem? If I had to guess it would be freebird by skynyrd.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what some people would say, tho I here there were/are some negatives associated with freebird...

Here's what I was referring to: VERNON OXFORD: I don't know if I'm the first to sing about a computer, but about redneck roots, at least as far as I know. The same man wrote "Redneck Roots" as "I'm A Redneck" ["Redneck: The Redneck National Anthem"], which was my biggest hit. We hoped it would do really well with the [TV] shows on about roots, etc.

[ QUOTE ]

You did leave out my favorite Red Dirt band though, RECKLESS KELLY!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was not intentional, BJ! I dig Reckless Kelly, too. Jack Ingram, Jason Boland, Bleu Edmunston, Red Dirt Rangers.... all of them! My wife and I used to drive to Lubbock or Amarillo every time The Great Divide showed up. We probably still would if it weren't for the kiddos. Not that the kids don't like the music, I just don't like taking the kids to the bars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, this might come as a shock but I only really like two kinds of music and they are opposites. Rock n roll and classical and in that order.

I really enjoy classic rock like Cream, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Deep Purple, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Led Zeppelin, Rush, The Eagles, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Tom Petty, Black Sabbath, Skynyrd, Creedence CLearwater, ZZ top, and when nothing else works I love to "tune out" to Pink Floyd.

I also enjoy hard rock like AC/DC, the Cult, Guns n Roses, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Van Halen, Black Crows, Ted Nugent, Velvet Revolver, Cinderella, Ozzie, Soundgarden, and Audio Slave.

I only like a couple heavy metal bands-mostly Pantera and lastly old school Metallica.

In classical, I love Mozart and Bach primarily but also like more modern arrangements and some soundtracks like "last of the Mohicans".

My most recent cd purchases were Wolfmother, Theory of a deadman, Godsmack, and the Allman brothers greatest hits.

Play one so called "note" of rap anywhere within 1 mile of me and I'll be running the other direction as fast as I can.

goodgrouper,
CLASSICAL ???????????? I must admit that I was quite shocked at that revelation.
I guess I've always been stuck in a rut ROCK ,I like classic rock except Pink Floyd (30year burn-out) and CSN (always hated them), I like most of the new rock except pearl jam,creed and nikelback. but my favorite is the HEAVIES Pantera,Overkill,metal church etc. the latest cd's i've invested in are Tool,Rob Zombie and System of a down.
some think my musical tastes strange for a 47year old gun-nut.
UB

I don't ever listen to classical when I'm in my truck going somewhere because it has a tendency to put me to sleep but it is great to listen to in the evening just before going to bed. It relaxes and calms frizzles nerves if you know what I mean.

I hear ya on the Pickelwhack-err Nickelback. I'd rather stick my finger in a light socket while standing in a pot of water than listen to that.

Not so sure about the System of a Down. A little too polka-rock for me but some songs are ok when they calm it down a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
some think my musical tastes strange for a 47year old gun-nut

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they might just make you live on a strict "M.T.C."(m. tabernacle choir) diet from now on!

had to kick in my worthless opinion

hell ya GG on the old metallica, then new crap just has me lost, you like a little classical meets rock I have always liked the metallica S&M album

I am a Okie by birth and choice so country is in my blood. I love all the REAL country, Allan Jackson-George Strait-Brad Paisley, though on occasion all of those guys throw out some bubble gum sounding crap. hagard waylan and the boys still hold a place in my heart.

Red dirt country is the best there is even though I am not as close to it as BJ. I did share a few drinks with Jason Boland once when he was playin. I wont tell you how that night ended though it did involve handcuffs and a uncomfortable nights sleep!!!

I also love a lot of the good rock that came out of the 60's, Clapton, Van Zandt & Zepplin

Lately I have been on a Staind kick but I have been thinking about blowing the dust off of some of my old Great Divide and Boland underground recordings

steve

Goodgrouper,
Classical music is good....in fact it is proven to develope brain activity!! so those of us who listen to classical music are smarter,right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My favorite types of music... WHEN I listen to music would be
listening to my 7yr. old daughter playing on her violin, classical music, old hyms and country gospel.
So I guess I got you beat for being weird /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

308nate

[ QUOTE ]

I have been thinking about blowing the dust off of some of my old Great Divide and Boland underground recordings

steve

[/ QUOTE ]

lerch,
you wouldn't have any TGD I don't already have, would you? I might have to buy you a box of wildcat bullets or something if you do (providing you would share the music with me and the bullets with BJ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
you wouldn't have any TGD I don't already have, would you?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can find them I have several CDs that a buddy of mine and I recorded live @ the Wormy Dog. Some of it has McClure singing a few songs as well as Cody Canada, Jason Boland and Stoney Phillips(LaRue, I guess he thought that sounded better!). I'll see if I can't dig them up this weekend.

If they are Female, Blond with big boobs and can yodel I'll listen to them even if its rap. Dolly forever! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

GG,

Well, this is an interesting one!!!

I guess it really depends on the mood I am in but I would say most often I have something on the heavier side in the CD player.

When I was younger I liked the REALLY heavy stuff but have mellowed a bit.

Most often you will find something like Guns and Roses, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Judas Priest or something similiar in the CD in the shop.

I will admit to liking the music fast and loud at most times. Have no problem with the heaviest stuff out there as long as I can understand what the hell they are saying.

If I am in a more somber mood it will be something like Bon Jovi or Def Leopard. If I am feeling a bit frisky it will be alot heavier then that and really loud. I have about 800 watts of powder in my little S-10 war wagon and it often gets pushed to the arch welding stage!!!

Funny thing though, when I am out hunting, generally when I come back from a successful hunt, cuntry music is generally what I listen to. Not sure why, just what sounds right!!

If you ever come to the shop though, do not be suprised to hear some god awful loud metal rock vibrating the walls!! Just me all by myself having a good time building rifles!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Well, I am in total agreeance with Kirby. I like the hard stuff. The harder the better. If it sounds like someone is dying and screaming in the mic, or just plain gutteral sounds, the odds are I have some of it. But I do also like the some of the older rock and other types of music. Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, techno, most things for the most part. But really into straight brutal metal.

I HATE Rap music. That is the olny type that I will protest to have turned off. Every other kind is fine, just not rap!