A little advise on pistol rounds please

Scottkuy

I was loading some 9mm rounds yesterday seating the bullet it seems to not be straight/square on some loads
Any tricks to get them correct?

As I seat the bullets especially on straight walled cartridges for blunt base bullets I turn the cartridge in 1/4-1/3 turn increments several times as I seat the bullet. It seems to really square them up. Keeps from blushing the case with a canted bullet also.

As I seat the bullets especially on straight walled cartridges for blunt base bullets I turn the cartridge in 1/4-1/3 turn increments several times as I seat the bullet. It seems to really square them up. Keeps from blushing the case with a canted bullet also.
Thanks I will try it

open up with the bell die just a little more
I have the bell die open almost to the point the case will not fit in the seating die is it to much? The bullet seats very good and oal in on the money. just when you roll the round on some the bullet has a wobble. I feel it will effect the accuracy? Not that I am any good with a pistol.

what brand of sizing die and bullets type are ya using .. yes you can over bell em ..do your finished rounds look hourglass shaped after seating . like you can aee the base of the bullet through the side wall ?? the taper of a 9 luger is a pretty sharp taper considering such a short case

if you are familiar with how a dillon sizing die sizes youll know what i mean by hourglass..there is some benefits to sizing the center a little tighter then opening back up with the belling die .. kinda turns the end into a straight wall where you need it .. as long as you can keep it sqaure .. try adding 3rd turns like cold finger is saying above but also doing it with the belling die after you found that sweet spot .. it may help keep the mouth opening square with the case base

are you seating and straighting the bell at the same time or separate operations
Screenshot_20210823-170543_Chrome.jpg

An easy fix, would be to get a Lyman M die, which sizes the inside of the brass to correct diameter. RCBS makes a similar die, I've read, but only used Lyman, and it makes a big difference.

Is the belling "pin" in the die floating or solidly tightened in. And is it in the die straight. See if you can wobble the case in the shell holder. I had an issue with a rifle shell holder that allowed the case to slightly cant to one side causing concentricity issues. That shell holder was over 30 years old and had held 10,000 cases or more.

Loaded up 25 this morning I used the advise of rotating the brass is seems to have help the problem a lot thanks all for the advise

get a universal flaring tool from lee it works on any standard round and is not caliber specific the layman dies are good but you have to buy one for each caliber. When you flare the brass make sure the base of the bullet goes in about a tenth of an inch, and u should be good. Lee crimp dies also size pistol rounds going in and out of the die so it's guaranteed to cycle the gun.