A Forever Caliber for my Daughter

Based on your situation, I'd suggest staying with a 7-08. You are set up to reload for it and you already know it works. Since you reload, I'd suggest keeping brass separated for each rifle - every chamber is a little bit different. Putting a different color line across the head of the case using a Sharpie marker is an easy way to tell which case goes with which rifle. Each kid gets to pick their color...
My youngest grandson has a Savage 110 Storm in 7-08 that shoots lights out...

I got my daughter a Browning Micro Midas 7mm-08 when she was 11 years old 74 lbs. She shot 120 Nosler Ballistic Tips at hogs and deer until she got a little more meat on her bones. Now she's 22. She's killed 10 blacktail deer 5 hogs, 1 black bear, 2 mule deer, 2 antelope, 2 elk from 50 to 500 yds. It IS a forever rifle and a **** fine killer. I actually prefer it over my son's 6.5 Creed. I am actually thinking of buying her Weatherby Carbonmark with the 24" barrel in the same 7mm-08 just to get a little more velocity and use the 150s and 160s. She's killed all her game animals with one shot. 120 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips at 2900 and 140 grain Accubonds at 2720 fps. Stick with that little 7mm, it's a killer!

Western girls shoot .270's

Very true! Some start and stop there…..some go on to different cartridges.

My wife (many years before we met) had never hunted, but drew a moose license, killed it with a borrowed (Pre-64 Win. in .264 WM) from her husband. She immediately fell in love with hunting, and then proceeded to killing a deer and an elk that hunting season, with a borrowed .243 Win. ……her husband was hunting with his .264 😁!

The following season, she had her own rifle….a tang safety Ruger M-77 in .270 Win.

Years later, we met, and we had dreams of hunting Alaska and Africa. She graduated up to a .338 WM, became very comfortable with it….and has been very successful with it. Her only hunting rifle since 1996! memtb

6.5cm, 7mm-08 or 25-06. Im partial to the 25-06 for youth because I shot it and killed my first 12 animals with one. Still love the rifle/cartridge.

I've shot the 7-08. I never hunted with one but owned a 700BDL Varmint back in the early '80s when we were shooting metallic silhouette. A good accurate cartridge. Likely a fine choice for an all-around caliber.
I just never took to it. When the silhouette matches died in my area I went back to a 270 as a primary hunting rifle. I even use Jack O'Conner's favorite sheep load. ;)

I've shot the 7-08. I never hunted with one but owned a 700BDL Varmint back in the early '80s when we were shooting metallic silhouette. A good accurate cartridge. Likely a fine choice for an all-around caliber.
I just never took to it. When the silhouette matches died in my area I went back to a 270 as a primary hunting rifle. I even use Jack O'Conner's favorite sheep load. ;)

I currently shoot a 7mm-08 Rem 700 Varmint set up in a Fajen thumbhole stock for NRA High Power Silhouette.

I don't see many silhouette shooter here.