A few Wyoming images

All I can say is WOW!! Those are very clear, sharp, and full of detail. The landscape pics looks as good as some of the HDR photos I've seen. I love the vibrant colors your camera brings through. I do have a few questions. First off, what camera are using? The second one is, mind if I use some of these pics as backgrounds for my laptop?

Thanks to all for the kind compliments on my images :D :D

All I can say is WOW!! Those are very clear, sharp, and full of detail. The landscape pics looks as good as some of the HDR photos I've seen. I love the vibrant colors your camera brings through. I do have a few questions. First off, what camera are using? The second one is, mind if I use some of these pics as backgrounds for my laptop?

Thanks you!

Regarding the gear:

Cameras are Canon 1DsIII and 1DIII
Lenses used are basically all Canon Professional "L" lenses.
Tripods are Gitzo 1325 and 1228 Carbon Fiber.

That's about it.

No problem at all using a photo for a background. In fact, if you let me know the exact resolution of your monitor, I'll send you a specifically sized version that will not have to be uprezzed. These web versions are only 1000px wide.

Thanks again for the kind words.

WOW!!!! I was thinking my Sony DHC-H2 took an alright pic if I did my part but you have me wishing I had a better camera as well as talent. Yellowstone sure is a special place and your pics really do it justice.
Please post as often as you can.

Thanks so much!!! I'm not a pro, and only donate my images to publications and such. So the kind words from family and friends are really the only gratification I get from the hobby. It's what makes it all worth it for me.

Very much appreciated. :D :D :D

Rob

WOW!!!! I was thinking my Sony DHC-H2 took an alright pic if I did my part but you have me wishing I had a better camera as well as talent. Yellowstone sure is a special place and your pics really do it justice.
Please post as often as you can.

You really do have a good point here. The gear is what makes a great photo. Sure there's a little bit of "talent" involved, but the quality of the equipment is going to shine through if given the chance. In fact, every time I go out all I'm trying to do is live up to the potential of my equipment.

Go pick up a Canon 1D3 and some long fast glass, and you'll be showing me up in no time ;)

Loved the pics and they reminded me how long it's been since I've been to YNP. Sure do miss it.
Do you have any pics of the idiots getting close for a pic. Sure saw enough of them when I've been there.
Last time there I was still using 35mm film.

Mike

Very nice , but i sure don't like the look on that bears face though . If i take a photo like that it will be out a car window , or with someone i can out run for sure !!lightbulb

Very NIce !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really do have a good point here. The gear is what makes a great photo. Sure there's a little bit of "talent" involved, but the quality of the equipment is going to shine through if given the chance. In fact, every time I go out all I'm trying to do is live up to the potential of my equipment.

Go pick up a Canon 1D3 and some long fast glass, and you'll be showing me up in no time ;)

I respectfully disagree....the camera is just a tool. Crediting a camera for a good photo is like having a great tasting meal then saying to the cook "You must have really nice pots and pans."

You have talent. You are being humble saying it's the camera.

Paul

RobK -- Yea, the cub actually made it's way right in between the sow and myself. She just looked up and noticed the cub was closer to *ME* then her!!! I didn't notice either since I was just jammed in my viewfinder ripping off images of the sow to the tune of 10 frames per second. It was a tense moment, but luckily the cub just wandered right back up toward mama. When I saw her "alertness" in my viewfinder, I knew then something wasn't quite right :D

It was a blast though (thinking back on it)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.