A few wildlife images

VTi

Hello everyone, been a while since I've visited. Just got back from a short weekend trip, and thought I'd share a few images. I tried to target a few smaller animals/birds to test out the new 800mm/5.6L.

Hope you enjoy :D

Web_RRD_4528.jpg

Web_RRD_4521.jpg

Web_IMG_3766_1_1.jpg

Web_RRD_4486.jpg

Web_RRD_4471.jpg

Last edited:
VTI:

Great shooting and with that 800mm/5.6 its like using LRRifle.
What camera are you using?

I use canon 5d mark11 with a 300MM 2.8 IS and would like to try larger lens but as you know they are very costly.

Charlie

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, sure appreciate it! :D

VTI:

Great shooting and with that 800mm/5.6 its like using LRRifle.
What camera are you using?

I use canon 5d mark11 with a 300MM 2.8 IS and would like to try larger lens but as you know they are very costly.

Charlie

I'm using a 1D Mark IV. Like you, I also shoot with the 300/2.8L-IS. Coupled with the 800mm, it's a fantastic wildlife combo. I used to use the 300/500 combo, but as you know the 300/2.8 makes an excellent 420/4 with the 1.4x TC. My 300 will still be my go to lens for probably 75% of the wildlife images I shoot, but the 800 allows me to get shot that I'd just pass up in the past.

I love the 300 and 800 combo so far, very practical IMO.

The colors and clarity is outstanding, very nice. How did you come across so many animals and nature settings in such a short period of time? Thanks for sharing.

The colors and clarity is outstanding, very nice. How did you come across so many animals and nature settings in such a short period of time? Thanks for sharing.

Hi Chas. This was just a couple days in Yellowstone NP, which is just about 3 hrs away from where I live. Lots of wildlife there :D

Last edited:
Excellent bokeh. Just playing with a prime 50mm f1.4 in my D200 Nikon. Throwing the background way out of focus makes the subjects look 3D.

Thanks for the nice shots and inspiration!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.