a few pics of my bear bait

preddhunter

these are some of the pics of over the month i have been baitting. The season opened today and im going to try to get out of work erly to start sitting at it. What you think.
PICT0153.jpg

PICT0166.jpg

PICT0171.jpg

PICT0210.jpg

PICT0245.jpg

PICT0330.jpg

PICT0410.jpg

PICT0412.jpg

PICT0419.jpg

PICT0442.jpg

PICT0449.jpg

PICT0456.jpg

PICT0548.jpg

wen't out last night at 4pm and sat out at my stand and at 6:45 a bear came out not the big ones in my pics but it was a keeper to me as this would be my first. so i waited awhile and at 7:05 i took the shot. The bear ran 15 yards and piled up. one down and hopefully i will get the big one next year and my dad still has a tag to fill. It weighed 160 lbs.
DSCN1556-1.jpg

AWESOME! Cant beat the experience of a first bear. Beautiful hair on it! Very exciting! Congratulations! What are you going to have done with the hide?
What gun/bullet? where did you shoot him?

shot him with a remington 700 cdl 30/06 with nosler 180 accubond right behind the shoulder tore up the lungs good. the shot was out of a tree stand and was around 25 yards. I dont no what im going to do with the hide i put quite a bit of holes in it skining it out but im going to get the skull done like yours.

Congratulations! First bear are always cool. I hear there are some real brutes in your woods, keep at it you'll get the opportunity.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.