A Few new ar's

snox801

Just couldn't control myself last week ordered a new upper for one of my lowers to replace one that I killed with a slide fire. Also got another 16 inch pas upper in 300blk. Going on lower with Moe stock and grip tac-con trigger probably Nikon 300blk scope.

Pardon the dumb question...been a bolt gun guy since Moby was a minnow...What's a slide fire? Thinking about joining the 21st century,looking at Armalite and Daniel Defense so am in search of enlightenment. Thanks for any help.

A slidefire system is a plastic stock that is used to simulate automatic fire, it uses the gas system and spring to move back and forth to give automatic like firing.
It works OK but when you push forward to start the firing you will lose your sight picture and it really gets worse as the auto fire starts.
My suggestion is forget the slide fire and get a Geiselle SSA-E match trigger.

Pardon the dumb question...been a bolt gun guy since Moby was a minnow...What's a slide fire? Thinking about joining the 21st century,looking at Armalite and Daniel Defense so am in search of enlightenment. Thanks for any help.

I never understood the facination with AR's...

Until i shot a couple of them. I enjoy all of my firearms for different reasons. But AR's are fun to shoot, and to modify.

They are the "Jeep Wrangler" of firearms. Everybody makes things to tweak one to your personal liking.

My dad is very much a lever action and revolver type guy. But he grins ear to ear when he is shooting my AR.

My family reunion was last weekend so after the reunion the pool party was at my house with the cooler cousins, anyway I broke out a AK and a AR and about 300 rounds and headed to the cow pasture with about 10 head of my cousins. Needless to say everybody was smiles after blasting away at a few box targets.

A slidefire system is a plastic stock that is used to simulate automatic fire, it uses the gas system and spring to move back and forth to give automatic like firing.
It works OK but when you push forward to start the firing you will lose your sight picture and it really gets worse as the auto fire starts.
My suggestion is forget the slide fire and get a Geiselle SSA-E match trigger.

Not at all the way I see it. It is plastic with a false trigger that allows you to pulp the rifle and trigger to your finger as long as you keep pulling forward it auto fires. Very fun. As for accuracy with the right sights its not bad for rate of fire. Besides with a high rate of fire who needs accuracy lo. I can dump 100 rounds in about a 3to 4 foot circle at about 50 yards few get crazy as you have to predict the rise.
a tac con does something very similar but inside the trigger. Much harder to get use to but much more accurate when you get good at it. Everyone can operated a slidefire. Takes about 200 rounds to get the tac con trigger down.

I never understood the facination with AR's...

Until i shot a couple of them. I enjoy all of my firearms for different reasons. But AR's are fun to shoot, and to modify.

They are the "Jeep Wrangler" of firearms. Everybody makes things to tweak one to your personal liking.

My dad is very much a lever action and revolver type guy. But he grins ear to ear when he is shooting my AR.

Well said I use to hate them. Now after having and hunting with them they are very good in the field. I even killed a pig that I would have no chance with my bolt. Every thing on an ar is about function and speed. Very easy to change guns and the safety is always in the same spot with all other parts in shooting position.

Last edited:
Opinions vary, I own one as well and i've kept it but I just don't like how I come off the target a little when I start blasting.
I didn't say it wasn't fun because it is, but after I got it and found the little flaws that I didn't like plus how fast the ammo goes, well I would suggest a match trigger over the slidefire.
Can't speak for the taccon or the Bumpski system which looks to be a better system, again my opinion.

I agree with you. The slide fire has flaws and yes can drift a bit especially with 30round mag. I keep mine because its so easy for newbie to shoot. But the tac con is much better. Plus in normal fire mode the tac con is match grade. Definitely not the best match trigger but is very nice.

My friend bought the slide fire. I tried it and let kind of wondered about if it was of any value other than entertainment in a true tactical situation

For the spray and pray that you hit someone.... like on coming mobs like Black Hawk Down. I shot various full auto in the military and in my opinion unless it is belt fed

My 14 yr old goes through ammo fast enough without that! I have a 16 bull and "had" a steel spinning target set up at 50 yards. Gave him 30 rounds and he went prone. Those 30 rounds went out the barrel and the target spun so fast it broke. Fun to see. I wish I would have got my cell out. He is pretty good with that thing! They are a blast to shoot and although I do love the the big bores I will always have one of these in my possession. My next one will be a little bit more on the light side though with a different sighting system.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.