A dream comes true.

Pa Grizz

My wife's cousin bought a place on the Kenai river in Alaska.I was telling one of my daughter's I would love to go after I was invited by my wife's cousin.My daughter called him up and ask him when was the best time to go.He said mid July. Next thing I knew I had a ticket for July 11 to the 23rd.Already have a float trip for Rainbows and trips for Red's .Sliver's and Haddock Can not wait

I caught my first king on the Kenai in 1961, I was six. I've fished Alaska, even after dad got transferred back to America, every year but two since. Alaska gets in your blood, enjoy your trip.

Fun place....but fishing is only part of the fun....indian creek gold panning is a blast too....digging in the creek we found a lot of gold....under boulders and rootwads......fishing was good...but everybody was catchng fish...i liked finding the gold...something no one else has ever seen with their naked eye.....mine..mine I telya.....all mine......

If you haven't already purchased your license, do so on line. You'll have the option of getting weekly fishing up dates from the various regions. Should help pass the time until you go.
I commend you booking for rainbows, the Kenai is second only the Naknek and Kvichak for bows. Really between the three it's just a matter of luck. Regardless, 30 inch class pure wild rainbows are pretty exciting. Not everyone catches one but they are there.
If there is anyway to swing it, get yourself in a float plane to a remote trout, char grayling destination. Nothing like hooking 24 fish in 25 casts. I know it's expensive but the adventure is worth it.
In any event have fun, fishing is fishing so take in the whole adventure.

If you haven't already purchased your license, do so on line. You'll have the option of getting weekly fishing up dates from the various regions. Should help pass the time until you go.
I commend you booking for rainbows, the Kenai is second only the Naknek and Kvichak for bows. Really between the three it's just a matter of luck. Regardless, 30 inch class pure wild rainbows are pretty exciting. Not everyone catches one but they are there.
If there is anyway to swing it, get yourself in a float plane to a remote trout, char grayling destination. Nothing like hooking 24 fish in 25 casts. I know it's expensive but the adventure is worth it.
In any event have fun, fishing is fishing so take in the whole adventure.
What is a float plane run

I've been to Rocky Point Resort in Petersburg twice, both fantastic trips! Great people and great fishing! Did I mention the food was fantastic!

Just got back.Was invited to come back any time.Big mistake

Attachments

• IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 303
  • IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 291
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.