A day out shooting with Trebark

I'm sure Trebark will tune in soon, He lovesss his tripods :D

This from the guy that told me that if I was building a tripod shooting table, he would have to build one too!

I've given the specs and where folks can find one for themselves. Oliver - chime in with your review of the fine piece of equipment (a.k.a. martial moon lander)

Well, the tripod table worked really well IMO. It's very solid and is highly adjustable, in height, cant, and you can twist it too. so you can always have a flat shooting platform. I would not want to carry it around all day (weighs 23lb i believe) but for prarie dogs or g-hogs or the likes where there isnt too much moving it around it's an excellent setup.

The only two improvements i can think of would be to give the table a "T" shape for shooting comfort while keeping it ambidexerous and adding a recoil-spill-proof coke holder :D. You must see to believe how much coke we two drink in one day of shooting!

I checked out the tripod link and thought some of the upper end scopes were expensive but those tripods trump them on cost...3k ouch. Just curious why so expensive? I mean I know one pays for what they get but aside from $300 on ebay why or what would make someone want to spend $3k on a new one?

Just curious why so expensive? I mean I know one pays for what they get but aside from $300 on ebay why or what would make someone want to spend $3k on a new one?

You'd probably need to ask a photographer or film maker that. Not "Mary Poppins" who bastardizes it into a table.:D

Fair enough, not a big deal just curious...besides I don't know anyone in Hollywood:D.

Trebark sort of explained it to me when we went out shooting a little while ago. He basically said, "if you have a camera that needs a tripod rated for 150lbs, guess how much the camera is worth compared to the tripod."

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.