A&D scale non-auto trickle how to use?

I throw charges with a chargemaster lite. Then transfer from that pan to another. While I add or subtract a kernel or two from the one on the FX 120i, the chargemaster is doing its thing. Works for me. The most the chargemaster is ever off is maybe 4 kernels of H1000 type powder which would be 0.10 to 0.16g. No trickler just a pair of tweezers.
I don't have two pans that weigh the same.

Th
I throw charges with a chargemaster lite. Then transfer from that pan to another. While I add or subtract a kernel or two from the one on the FX 120i, the chargemaster is doing its thing. Works for me. The most the chargemaster is ever off is maybe 4 kernels of H1000 type powder which would be 0.10 to 0.16g. No trickler just a pair of tweezers.
i have a similar configuration and do the same, except I trickle up and use the tweezers only to remove a grain if I go heavy by 1 due to a cluster drop. By the time the load is gold, the charge master has dropped another load.

Rinse and repeat.

Does

Doesn't matter if the 2 pans weigh different because you calibrate and zero the pan for that specific scale.
Reread his post. It does make a difference. Using 2 pans no matter how you do it will be a PITA unless they weigh the same to 0.00

I have an old pact thrower and separate scale set up a new LymanGen 6 and a Ohause 10-20 whit an RCBS thrower with the micrometer adjust and used all 3 to load my bench rest PPC and it shoots ./.2 groups and all of the scales have dropped slot of powder that has dropped a lot of big game critters. Long range boys play a different game an want a kernel of perfection. My son uses an AutotricklerV3

Was over at reloadingscale.com and saw an A&D scale for $450 and before I entertain investing that much $$$ in a scale can anyone who owns and uses this model explain how you weigh your charges with it and do so in a timely fashion?
Looking at it seams to me you would have to come up with an extension tube for your powder trickler to be able to add powder to get you to your desired chrage weight and being it's so accurate (0.0002g) do you find it difficult to use your powder trickler without constantly going over?

I currently use my PACT powder dispenser to throw a charge about 0.5 grains lite and then use my 1010 BBS to trickle up to my desired charge weight and do go over weight every now and then., but am thinking with a scale so accurate how do you avoid going over weight? Is a trickler that controllable at dispensing powder?

Just remember that almost all powders will not measure at less that 1/10 gr, especially big bore powders. I have a pharma scale and never use it because I would have to cut powder to get it to 1/100 gr. Better money spent to buy a powder station from Lyman, Hornady or RCBS. I have used them all and have 2 and they are accurate and make single stage reloading a lot easier and repetition is better than weighing each drop. Happy shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.