A&D FX-120i users....Let’s hear from you!

Deputy819

Good evening Gents! Hope everyone has a great Holiday weekend and some good shooting.
I just purchased an A&D FX-120i this morning and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. For those of you who use one tell me what you think about them. How has it helped you most? What kind/class check weight did you purchase for it (if any)? Thanks guys!

I didn't really mess with it much. My pan weights 163.58-163.60. I leave it zeroed with the pan on. It doesn't really drift and works great. Just make sure it's level. It has a bubble on it.

You will love you new scale and will wonder how you ever lived without it. Go down to the local granite place and get a sink cutout that they throw away and put your scale on it and you will be happy. Next comes the Auto trickler get the V3 and be done with it.

Mine was great but now, don't know why I turn it on leave it on like they suggest and when I remove the pan it doesn't go back to zero on return and now when I take pan off it floats higher and higher on weight .. you can actually watch the measurement go up without doing anything!! kind of upsetting and I've expressed this to the company with no response back and what I should do next !!!

Mine was great but now, don't know why I turn it on leave it on like they suggest and when I remove the pan it doesn't go back to zero on return and now when I take pan off it floats higher and higher on weight .. you can actually watch the measurement go up without doing anything!! kind of upsetting and I've expressed this to the company with no response back and what I should do next !!!

Quit being such a mouth breather!

I've been using mine about five years and love it. I have a line conditioner that I plug in my scale and CM, because I leave the 120i on all the time and don't want a power surge to toast it.

I leave 3 windscreens & top on all the time, just the right side is open. It is so sensitive it will float with any air current.

The great thing is you'll never again blame your group size on charge weight variance.

Back about 7 years ago when I bought mine the NZ importers only had the A&D FX 300i. It has performed flawlessly and it certainly improved my loading accuracy.

Unlike others I always unplug mine when I am finished reloading, mainly because we have frequent electrical storms and I have seen what a good hit can do to electronic equipment.

After a 30 minute warm up I always calibrate the scale before weighing powder, I bought a Class 1 200 gram test weight. Class 1 might be a bit overboard but my thinking was there is little point in having a scale that is accurate to 0.001 grams and have a less accurate test weight. After all how many of us would buy a chronograph that only reads to the nearest 100 fps.

Class 1 might be a bit overboard but my thinking was there is little point in having a scale that is accurate to 0.001 grams and have a less accurate test weight

Now, that's kinda what I was thinking too. I was considering the following class 1 weight:
031BB579-A8B4-4E1A-988D-1A4A4473FAC6.png

these are nice scales and you will love it . loading to the nearest kernel of powder is not a problem . very repeatable scale .

I turn off , and unplug mine after I'm done using it . I plug it in and turn it on so it can warm up while I'm prepping or priming brass . yes , do watch the level bubble . I have a small room in my basement that I load in . I don't use the draft shields , but I have to be careful of my breathing on the scale , it's that sensitive .

Deputy819 does the FX 120i recommend a 100 gram test weight? If so I would say the one you have highlighted looks good. My test weight came with a cotton glove as touching them with your bare hands can alter the weight.
You are really going to enjoy your new scales, I am sure of that.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.