A Bizarre Moment in Coyote Hunting

I guess I am not a nice person. I started a "regular" day job, 6:00am to 3:00pm. In less the three weeks I lost ALL of my livestock, 17 geese, 50 some odd chickens and 23 ducks. Over the years we have lost 8 or 9 cats. My belief is that coyotes are just like cockroaches, when everything else is gone in the Big Bang, they will still be here.
I have read and studied about coyotes for over 40 plus years. They are intelligent, incredibly hardy with a will and strength to live that very few, if any, other animals posses. And I will kill any coyote I have the opportunity to kill.
I find the people that live around me feeding the coyotes, repulsive and ignorant. If you have seen a coyote tear up a screaming cat you will never want to feed them again. A pack of coyotes, at least 7 and maybe 9, came over a fence in our neighborhood and killed three rottweiler dogs, two adults and a nine month old pup. The woman was stunned and horrified after watching the destruction. No reason other than territorial protection. Her next door neighbor said she was at fault for leaving her dogs outside.
I will be the first to tell you how intelligent and strong coyotes are. I also have no use for them.

I will kill any coyote I come across, does not matter if I am deer hunting, feeding cows or sitting on the deck in the morning having my coffee. I actually had the face half eaten off of a calf before the heifer could finish calving. Coyotes are a beautiful, intelligent predator, with a keen sense of smell, vision and hearing but they will kill your stock or your pet when given the opportunity.
I don't disagree on any particular point your presented. I have always been the same way. I've just never seen a coyote stand its ground after being bumped. Usually they are bookin 50mph and I have a 2 coyote length lead on them. LOL

I think they make beautiful pets...he doesn't eat much either lol...
20210109_113323.jpg

I despise coyotes! As far as hunting them goes, there was a study in south Texas that determined that hunting pressure on coyotes led to larger litter sizes. The biologists looked at the attachment points in the females' uteri. I agree with the previous comment about them being like cockroaches and, grackles, as well. My medicine for them is my TC Venture 22-250 with 55 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips. I will shoot them with anything I can including my 30 Nosler. Bastards killed the family cat in our front yard!

Strong opinions fly around coyotes more than most potential quarry. I don't think I'd shoot a mother with little ones around in any species (except flippin' magpies! Take the whole lot of them out but birds aren't the same to me haha). It goes against something in me that I'm not willing to ignore. But I also grew up on a cattle farm, my sister has chickens and sheep, I sure as heck wouldn't judge anyone in those positions for doing what is necessary for their livelihood.

Recent Posts