A BIG HELLO and THANK YOU!

LaVec

Hello again gang, I chimed in for the first time last night. Thanks to all who responded.You guys are right, lots of great info and experience here.I truly appreciate all the help. I'll be working up loads for an upcoming elk hunt. My favorite bullet choice is the 160 TSX by Barnes. I know the TTSX comes in a similar weight and may try some of those.I'll start with 74 gr of IMR 7828 and work up. I've read lots here about RL26. I may try that next if needed. Anyway, I just wanted to repeat my thanks for the nice welcome and help I've gotten thus far!

LaVec, glad you found, youll spend quite a bit of time here, but it's worth the read. Dig into the brotherhood threads, you'll find some good recipes in there.
I really had good luck with RL25. I was using 22, before that, and7828, as well.
I was using the 145lrx, with amazing results. And near benchrest accuracy. That thing was a lazer. Nothing walked, never tracked anything it went boom at. Love Barnes bullets.

LaVec
You will learn more on this site than all the books you can buy.

The great part is all the gang here have different experiences and but by thinking through them all, you can start the quest to what works for your rifle, your hunting requirements.

Post well and enjoy experienced and thoughtful responses.

We want more folks with the same goals.

LaVec
You will learn more on this site than all the books you can buy.

The great part is all the gang here have different experiences and but by thinking through them all, you can start the quest to what works for your rifle, your hunting requirements.

Post well and enjoy experienced and thoughtful responses.

We want more folks with the same goals.
What he said, yeah, that's right.

Yes guys, I'm sort of getting used to the site and have already learned a lot. I will be working up loads for an upcoming elk hunt as I posted elsewhere so I'll be bugging you guys. Thx so much for the warm welcome!! Thx also to those of you who helped me get comfortable with the site. You know who you are!

Hello again gang, I chimed in for the first time last night. Thanks to all who responded.You guys are right, lots of great info and experience here.I truly appreciate all the help. I'll be working up loads for an upcoming elk hunt. My favorite bullet choice is the 160 TSX by Barnes. I know the TTSX comes in a similar weight and may try some of those.I'll start with 74 gr of IMR 7828 and work up. I've read lots here about RL26. I may try that next if needed. Anyway, I just wanted to repeat my thanks for the nice welcome and help I've gotten thus far!
LaVec
Welcome to the brotherhood!! I got hooked on this caliber 3 years ago from the 7STW thread and bought one.......haven't looked back. I love this caliber so much that I burned out my barrel and just had it replaced. You'll find you cannot go wrong with H1000 powder in this rifle

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts