9mm side arm

I spent the morning looking at a variety of 10mm offerings in semi-auto (both 1911 and non-1911), and compared them to revolvers in 357 mag and 44 mag (I just looked at Smith & Wesson).

After digging through the specs I don't think we can justify the argument that (revolvers are heavier). The colt delta elite 10mm is 35 ounces empty, the Glock 20 SF (smaller one) is in the 33 ounce range as was the Sig P320 X Ten.

The lightest 357 I could find was the 360pd and it was 12 ounces. The 329PD 44 mag was 25 ounces. I will wager recoil sucks in both of those models something fierce making follow up shots near impossible but from a weight perspective I can't see the generalization that "revolvers are too heavy" continuing to hold water. Add in magazine weight with a fully loaded magazine and the 10mm Semis are in the same realm as stainless N frame Smith & Wesson's loaded up. Now….which one are you going to shoot better is a whole other can of worms.

We can all debate the merits and which work better for us, all comes down to personal comfort and personal performance. I can tell you a 13 inch LOP is best for my 5'4 Hobbit Frame (even have the hairy feet to go along with it) but my buddy Ed, 6'5 Polish farm boy with catchers mitts for hands is probably going to shoot my rifles very poorly.

One thing we can all however agree on collectively…..9mm sucks for shooting bears.

It has a very small dent just below the tip. Like I said shot appears to have been taken almost level and entered just above the eyes and slid about two inches under the hide and stopped.

Attachments

• IMG_20221001_162441.jpg
    IMG_20221001_162441.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
This is a 367-pound bear we harvested Sunday. While fleshing the head I hit an abscess and out popped a 9mm 115 grain solid. No crack or deformation of the skull. Makes a guy think twice about what is enough sidearm!
why I like my 10mm for a walkabout the woods pistol. and perhaps for the occasional hooligan, you might find in the woods these days.
😉
😊