9mm side arm

I agree with the personal preference. It is all what you can shoot best. If you will go to http://www.ballistics101.com/357_magnum.php and look at the energy of a .357 and then click on "handgun ballistic on the top left" and click 10mm you can compare the two in bullet weight loads, etc.
I was going by the posted figures for loads over on the Buffalo Bore website but I am sure this is a much more comprehensive resource for weighing out the advantages/disadvantages. Much obliged sir, I'll be poking around there today seeing if my opinion still holds water or needs to be adjusted.

I agree with the personal preference. It is all what you can shoot best. If you will go to http://www.ballistics101.com/357_magnum.php and look at the energy of a .357 and then click on "handgun ballistic on the top left" and click 10mm you can compare the two in bullet weight loads, etc.
Well that didn't take long…didn't even look at the 10mm Tac XP rounds….I stand corrected, they are within sneezing distance from an ME perspective.

That being said I own one Glock and I'm about as accurate with that gun as a weatherman's forecast…..maybe the M&P 10mm is in my future…you mentioned Sig Sauer and the P320, I have one and shoot it well, do they have a 10mm caliber X change kit now?

Conversion kit for 45acp.
421033F1-0D70-484E-874B-6DFB4FD4D17E.png

Most people will get eaten by an attacking bear because they will never hit it in a vital spot to stop it. Just think about how often do they or you practice rapid firing and able to place shots in a well placed POI…not much I bet. However, carry that big ole gun if it makes you feel better…or if you do, learn to use it.

This is a 367-pound bear we harvested Sunday. While fleshing the head I hit an abscess and out popped a 9mm 115 grain solid. No crack or deformation of the skull. Makes a guy think twice about what is enough sidearm!
Did you talk to Game and Fish Dept to ask if they knew of anybody reporting an incident with a bear? It would be interesting to know the story behind the bullet being lodged there.