95gr smk's anyone tried them?

LEFTYM77

has anyone had a chance to try these yet? I want to try them in my 243 I was wondering how they performed out to 1000 yards. I am currently shooting the 105 Amaxes but my box is pretty much done, and I seen these in the sierra web site and thought they would be worth a try.

Last edited:
also has anyone shot the 87gr vmaxes to a thousand I was thinking of trying these as well

I used the 87grn V-Max out of my 6x284 and it worked very well out to thousand yards.

W.

I just bought a box of SMK 95's and am going to load some up for my 243, using H4350. I talked to one of the Sierra bulletsmiths this morning and he said start at 35 gr. and work up to the max of 41.7 gr. This is a fairly new bullet on the market so there isn't a lot of information on it yet. In fact the guy I talked to with Sierra said that he was getting that load data from a 100 gr bullet. He said that they like to be seated at or slightly into the lands of the rifling. I am going to try and load some tomorrow and hopefully shoot them. I'll keep you posted on how they work.

thanks, I am loading my hornady 105s with 39.6gr of IMR 4350 and that is accually the accuracy load for the sierra 107 smk so 35 to 41.7 sounds about right let me know how they go. what are you shooting them out of?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.