915 yrds NZ Feral Goat.

300WSMMAD

Goat this little Nanny early Sunday morning with the 338 Lapua.

The 300gr SMK did a fantastic job on her 1/4 ing shot entered behind right shoulder and exited between brisket and left shoulder. Massive damage stream of lungs and blood about 2 feet up bank.
Very impressive bullet expansion for such a light skined ainmal at that distance, exit hole was about 2".
She wasnt a boom flop, more a boom.....hit.....stagger...sway...flop.

It will make a great curry!

Sorry about pic quality, camera went flat so had to use handi cam and no it wasnt caught on camera, I had to move from initial set up and camera was out of reach.

915yardGoat003-2.jpg

Regards 300WSMMAD

Nice shot.

Good thing you got complete penetration. If not it would have about doubled the nanny's weight.:D

Curry? Have no idea of what that is but she sure would make some good stuffin' for the taco.:)

Nice shot.

Good thing you got complete penetration. If not it would have about doubled the nanny's weight.:D

:DThats funny!!!:D

Yeah I know its small but thats why Im so pleased! it had about a 7" kill zone!
My thinking is if I can hit the small ones, bigger stuff "should be easy":rolleyes:

Are you serious you dont know what a curry is!!!
please google it!LOL

Nice shot.

:DThats funny!!!:D

Yeah I know its small but thats why Im so pleased! it had about a 7" kill zone!
My thinking is if I can hit the small ones, bigger stuff "should be easy":rolleyes:

Are you serious you dont know what a curry is!!!
please google it!LOL

You are missing out if you have never had curry. That's like saying you've never had Tex-Mex.

Nice shot! That is a small target at that range.
I saw a few bull tahr at just a bit further than that on the weekend, you could have taken the shot from right beside the vehicle, the tourists driving down the Tasman Valley road might have wondered what you were up to though!

Stu.

SHOT! Good shooting, shame my Lapua Scener can't do that. Well.... unless I head shoot it!! I am not quite there yet! Laters! NK

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.