9,3x53R Finnish Mosin Nagant

AtteL

This is something else that longrange rifle, but here is tuned mosin for changing:

picture.php

Stock is Boyd´s pepper laminate, oil finished.
picture.php

Tasco Propoint, selfmade bolt modification and sight installation. Fully adjustable trigger, somekind of Timney´s copy from Great Britain.
picture.php

First there was EER scope:
picture.php

Tell you what that is awsome! I have seen one other custom mosin nagant in finland. It was a 300 win mag built into a long range sniper rifle. Has me thinking of what could be done. A mosin nagant can be had here in the US for about 120$ I know thats a very popular round over in europe what do you hunt with it?

Jon

Hay Kevin Cram will you build me ome of these?

Tell you what that is awsome! I have seen one other custom mosin nagant in finland. It was a 300 win mag built into a long range sniper rifle. Has me thinking of what could be done. A mosin nagant can be had here in the US for about 120$ I know thats a very popular round over in europe what do you hunt with it?

Jon

Hay Kevin Cram will you build me ome of these?

Thanks!
Yes, that original caliber 7,62x53R is still very famous for moose hunting here in Finland.
Most of those rifles are in poor condition..and value of these is from 40€ to 150€.
8,2x53R and 9,3x53R is not so usual, after WW2 came law that you have to use rifle over 8mm bore for moose hunting. This law fell late -60´s.
Reason for this law was saving military rifle for later need charting. That´s why 8,2 and 9,3x53R were born.
This rifle is my wife bequest, we use is mostly for moose-, and other big game hunting.

-Atte-

I shoot a 9.3x62 Mauser in a CZ 550FS myself, velocities pretty close to what you shoot. Doesn't damage the meat and drops 'em quick. When I was stationed in Europe, Germany to be exact, I came across a 6.5x53R Mosin Nagant. Kinda wish I had bought it as the 6.5mm is one of my favorites now. Very nice "Scout" Rifle........

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.