8mm Thread

Due to restrictions (6 guns in total, including shotguns & rifles) I'm considering the purchase of a system rifle ( the Danish Schultz & Larsen) with interchangeable barrels, not now but for 2014. The advantage is to use always the same triggerfeature, stock, mounts and scope(s) if requested. Calibre - frame from 222 to 505 Gibbs, and at least the number of barrels is not limited. Next as you already know will be a 7RM for sure. More than good enough for all from roe to moose at our latitude. :)
We call those "switch-barrel rifles" down here. It's the same thing as you're describing. You pin the recoil lug to the action after you have it trued, and with a few simple tools you properly setup barrels you can just keep swapping.

We call those "switch-barrel rifles" down here. It's the same thing as you're describing. You pin the recoil lug to the action after you have it trued, and with a few simple tools you properly setup barrels you can just keep swapping.

For different groups of calibers you often have to change boltheads and/or mags. Examples like Blaser, Mauser 03, S & L and many more. Mostly European brands = restrictions. The good thing is while travelling with only one guncase you've the option between 2 - 3 fully adequate rifles, like 308W, 7RM and 8x68S. :) Not bad. BTW, haven't seen the 7STW yet, but an extra order would surely be accepted and done! :D

Ha, ha you're really addicted in a positive way! :) I promise I'll find my way to the 7STW as I said before. You'll be the first getting informed.
Just try to help when I can. Any 7STW converts reflects positvely on me, simply because once you go STW, you will ALWAYS keep a 7STW in the gun safe, even if you have other calibers that you use more often. :D

This is meant as revival of a necessary thread about one of the best calibres to find! :) 8 mm means passion for big game hunting with one of the most capable calibres. We should look after that they will be more good 8 mm guns build in future, and manufacturers construct high performance bullets for LRH, finally. gun)

You ordered that 7STW stuff yet? I did all the hard work for you.....It's all right there posted up. :D

Ha, ha, I don't believe it! :D We've been talking about to revive your great 8 mm thread, and what are we talking about now? One of the best 7s'. Ok, I admit there has to be time and place for this. You can be p§§n in the a§§, and because you're so persevering I guarantee you that I'm going to buy a rifle or barrel in 7 STW in the course of the next 3 years. But first...something else. The idea of an 8 mm really intrigues me and as you know very well it's the great European 8x68S, cousin of the fine American 8mm RM. It's beltless, ha, ha. :)

Ha, ha, I don't believe it! :D We've been talking about to revive your great 8 mm thread, and what are we talking about now? One of the best 7s'. Ok, I admit there has to be time and place for this. You can be p§§n in the a§§, and because you're so persevering I guarantee you that I'm going to buy a rifle or barrel in 7 STW in the course of the next 3 years. But first...something else. The idea of an 8 mm really intrigues me and as you know very well it's the great European 8x68S, cousin of the fine American 8mm RM. It's beltless, ha, ha. :)
I am planning on building that 8mm Bama sooner or later. Brass is rediculously cheap... It's beltless with belted mag performance. If I could get Berger to back me with some 225-250gr ultra-high BC hybrid VLD projectiles, I bet we really could start the next wave of life for reanimating the near-dead 8mm market in America!

I am planning on building that 8mm Bama sooner or later. Brass is rediculously cheap... It's beltless with belted mag performance. If I could get Berger to back me with some 225-250gr ultra-high BC hybrid VLD projectiles, I bet we really could start the next wave of life for reanimating the near-dead 8mm market in America!

Berger should start soon with its work because Hornady is taking big effort on the European market to come into position with their (good) 8 mm fab - ammo and bullets. So long it's about the 8x57IS with the 196gr Interlock, a brand-new BTHP bullet named Vintage Match 196gr and a GMX in ?? 180gr. I hope Hornady is taking a step further to my favourite LR - cartridge 8x68S with bullets like Interbond, Interlock or SST from 180 - 220 gr. Maybe they are going to do the same with the 8mm RM? Surfing on the LR - wave isn't dum nowadays. Moreover, none has taken the chance with the 8mms yet.

Mud,

Bama ? really ? with or without the O in front of that name , it's still makes me cringe, want to vomit and ****es me off every time I hear or read it, I beg you to rename your wildcat !

Many here probably feel the same but won't admit it openly, I realize your name comes from something else but it is too close to the name of the worst human in American History !

I apologize in advance to the devout followers but I insist that you rename your wildcat !
That evil anti-American, Constitution and Bill Of Rights hating, gun banning SOB does not deserve anything firearms related named after him, coincidence ir not !

Mud,

Bama ? really ? with or without the O in front of that name , it's still makes me cringe, want to vomit and ****es me off every time I hear or read it, I beg you to rename your wildcat !

Many here probably feel the same but won't admit it openly, I realize your name comes from something else but it is too close to the name of the worst human in American History !

I apologize in advance to the devout followers but I insist that you rename your wildcat !
That evil anti-American, Constitution and Bill Of Rights hating, gun banning SOB does not deserve anything firearms related named after him, coincidence ir not !
Couldn't agree more! Biggest *** ever born. And I can 110% assure you I would NEVER name anything after him. I am Republican to the core.

It is named Bama because I was born & raised here in Alabama, and I am a Universite of Alabama football fan. That's why. Plain and simple.

But I will consider renaming as time goes on and I get more serious about creating it. I'll probably give it a used Latin name, like I do everything else.