8mm is not dead

[SIZE=3][B]shotie450[/B][/SIZE]: my 8x68s is in the works and will be my first so no experience. According to everything I have read, it is the near-equivalent to my 8 Rem so I'm thinking exterior ballistics should measure up. What rifle is your 8 built on?

Hi there, ballistically it's very close to 8rem, but with a bit less sharp recoil, & more like a push... Rifle is a Roessler Titan6 switch barrel, also running a 6.5x55 & 22-250... the 8x68s & 6.5x55 are sporter barrels, so haven't pushed them for any real distances... Bought the gun, so I'll have something, while me and the missus do some traveling... hope this helps. Cheers...

Hi there, ballistically it's very close to 8rem, but with a bit less sharp recoil, & more like a push... Rifle is a Roessler Titan6 switch barrel, also running a 6.5x55 & 22-250... the 8x68s & 6.5x55 are sporter barrels, so haven't pushed them for any real distances... Bought the gun, so I'll have something, while me and the missus do some traveling... hope this helps. Cheers...
Hi again, joined a while ago, & long time reader... must say, thanks heaps for all the great content, that's available on this forum. Much appreciated... cheers..

I've got a LH 700 8mm mag with a Rock Creek barrel. It shoots 200 gr Partitions so well that I haven't bothered to try any other bullets. Here's a 200 yard group.
20161105_142246-1.jpg