8mm is not dead

The 8mm Rem mag is truly a "if you only had one rifle, it would be cartridge"....it will handle anything that walks on NA and most of the planet with ease. If it were not for the designers sabotaging it from the beginning with shear stupidity, BIG GREEN" would have enjoyed a huge amount of success for decades with it. Put an Partition or X-bullet in her and blaze away...most misunderstood cartridge in shooting history..

I couldn't agree more. I have a factory Remington 700 BDL in 8mm Rem Mag and it is throwing 200gr TSX over RL22 at 3,120FPS, per the LabRadar. Talk about some energy!

Glad to see this thread. I almost posted a thread asking about the 8mm RM a couple weeks ago. From first seeing a box of ammo some 25 odd years ago it just seemed to me like it should have been much more popular than it appeared to be.

I'm definitely enjoying my Winchester Ultimate Shadow in 325wsm! It's slinging a 200gn accubond at just shy of 3000fps.

I developed a 9.3-375 flanged for my Winchester Hiwall single shot... how about 8mm-.375 flanged?? ... or 8mm-375 H&H AI ?? I like long cartridges, LOL.

8mm-.375H&H AI would be pretty close to an 8mm RM AI. As I recall the 8 Rem Mag uses the .375 H&H's unaltered case length and maybe only loses a little in the necking process.

8mm x .45-120 Sharps Straight with an Ackley shoulder.
:)

The Handloader's Manual of Cartridge Conversions is a fascinating book to look thru.

I'd guess that it would be less, projectile weight for projectile weight, than the 8mm RM. Mostly because the case won't take the RM's pressure and partly because of what you'd likely have that barrel screwed into. Edumacated guess on my part......

Great time to be an 8mm fan, the only reloading projectiles at my lgs are nosler 8mm partitions and accubonds. Also recently saw a gunsmith custom 8mm-06 Springfield with 1/2 a set of dies, appeared to be a factory barrel that had been renamed out to 8mm and restamped

Great time to be an 8mm fan, the only reloading projectiles at my lgs are nosler 8mm partitions and accubonds. Also recently saw a gunsmith custom 8mm-06 Springfield with 1/2 a set of dies, appeared to be a factory barrel that had been renamed out to 8mm and restamped
Hi guys, from Australia, I own a 8x68s and love it. Used to great affect over in Europe for hunting. Often wondered how it would go at long distance... maybe 8x68s could chime in, if he's tried it??? Cheers...

I developed a 9.3-375 flanged for my Winchester Hiwall single shot... how about 8mm-.375 flanged?? ... or 8mm-375 H&H AI ?? I like long cartridges, LOL.

I have an 8 mm Remington Magnum necked up to .375 without the AI. Running 250 grain Barnes, it runs 3190 feet per second with groups anywhere from 3/8" to 15/16" for three shots. It's built on a Klein Gunther k14 action on the 27 and 1/2-in barrel.

Back in the day I did duplex loads to produce 3,006 fps with Sierra 300 grainers. When I got some MRP it dropped to 2,990 fps.

Hi guys, from Australia, I own a 8x68s and love it. Used to great affect over in Europe for hunting. Often wondered how it would go at long distance... maybe 8x68s could chime in, if he's tried it??? Cheers...

[SIZE=3][B]shotie450[/B][/SIZE]: my 8x68s is in the works and will be my first so no experience. According to everything I have read, it is the near-equivalent to my 8 Rem so I'm thinking exterior ballistics should measure up. What rifle is your 8 built on?