8mm barrel in a 1 in 8" twist.

Hicks

I'm an 8mm Remington Magnum nut, and I really want to try out the big Hammer Bullets in that caliber. I'm having a really hard time finding a manufacturer that can supply a barrel in 8mm with a 1 in 8" twist. Everybody I've talked to will only go with 1 in 10". I think Krieger was the only one that said they could do it but it would take nine months. Another manufacturer said he would do it but I'd need to buy the tooling. I emailed Hammer directly to see if they could offer me a suggestion. Any of you guys have a suggestion on a manufacturer?

Hicks

Er Shaw will make you one. At least it seems so. I just plugged it in to their barrel building portion of their page. Their barrels are excellent, and they are an unbelievable value. I have 5 of them and would recommend them to anyone.

I have talked to Bartlein about doing a CF 8mm barrel in a 5R, 1:9 twist and they seemed amenable. Lead time as much as a year just because they do so few 8mm's...

PAC NOR does a 9 twist 5 groove 8mm. Don't know on lead times. I really want to build a 8mm-33 nosler, that is probably the route I would go.

Just a "heads up", I have an action in for a barrel at PacNor and I'm at 6 months to this point... I think they've been slammed since they got back up and running. They do great work. They've done a number of barrels for me, including my CZ 550 in 8 Rem mag.