.875 DE Muzzle Brake

Does somebody know the thread size for this Brake??
thanks from Europe

It could be several different thread sizes, but your smith can match it,

All he has to do is verify the pitch and size and turn the tenon to match and fit
properly.

Don,t use a die nut under any circumstances because it will not be true to the bore and
can cause problems.

J E CUSTOM

That´s the Problem, the size of thread is not common in Europe so i have to find out which size of cutting tool i need to buy!!
Is it a 5/8 x 24 tpi?? that means 15.88 x 1,05 thread size in millimeter??

That is the one I'm talking about. Why can't you cut it to whatever you want?

That´s the Problem, the size of thread is not common in Europe so i have to find out which size of cutting tool i need to buy!!
Is it a 5/8 x 24 tpi?? that means 15.88 x 1,05 thread size in millimeter??

DE does not list the thread size and pitch because the smith will match them.

They are standard threads and not Metric so a standard thread pitch will be required.

A 60o threading tool is what you have to use to get a proper fit.

We have the same problems over hear with Metric threaded receivers so we have to re cut
the metric threads in the reciever or cut metric threads to match.

Again: dont use a die nut or a tap to install a brake use a Lathe with the proper thread pitch
whether it is Metric or standard threads.

Most metric conversions to standard threads will have a .008 to .010 thousandths error (To Much
for a proper fit.

Order the brake you want and when you receive it Gauge it and duplicate it on the barrel tenon.

J E CUSTOM

You don't need to buy anything. Your gunsmith or machinist will use the same thread cutting tool he uses to cut everything from 1/4-28 to 1.062-16 tpi. A thread gauge will confirm the threads per inch. Most likely 5/8-24. Measure the thread relief inside the brake and it should be around .625" - .630" Cut the tennon .625" Set the lathe to 24 tpi and start cutting. Don't even think of trying to get a metric thread to fit. Once fitted concentric to the last 2" of the bore it will then need bored out to .020" over you bullet diameter. If none of this makes sense, take it to someone that it does.

You don't need to buy anything. Your gunsmith or machinist will use the same thread cutting tool he uses to cut everything from 1/4-28 to 1.062-16 tpi. A thread gauge will confirm the threads per inch. Most likely 5/8-24. Measure the thread relief inside the brake and it should be around .625" - .630" Cut the tennon .625" Set the lathe to 24 tpi and start cutting. Don't even think of trying to get a metric thread to fit. Once fitted concentric to the last 2" of the bore it will then need bored out to .020" over you bullet diameter. If none of this makes sense, take it to someone that it does.

Thanks, understood!! I already got the right plate for the barrel tenon!! so i can use the same for the brake too, because it has the same angle of 60°!! .625 is what i measured inside the brake, so i can start chambering and fitting barrel!
thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.