85gr in 243?

Robster80

anyone prefer the 85gr over the 100gr in 243? just picked up a Rem 700 and lookin to try some ammo. bought a cpl boxes of the hornady 100gr. was wanting to try partitions but all i can find is the 85gr in factory ammo. i remember when i was younger shooting my dads old bLR i shot 80gr powerpoints with great results. just wondering what u guys prefer for deer?

The Hornady 100gr shot really well in my Savage 243. Never shot any factory 85gr but my favorite deer hunting hand load in the 243 is with the 85gr Sierra HPBT with IMR or H4831. Just deadly on deer. Considering the overall hunting merits of both weights I would go with the 100.

I've used the 85g Sierra hpbt for ever, recently the 87g Berger classic hunter also.

The 80g factory stuff is all pretty good on deer.

is that the gameking? i dont handload so i gota resort to factory stuff. i know federal makes a factory load with 85 and 100 GK

RObster- i have shot a lot of 85 sierra BTHP grain out of my .243 . excellent. what are you shooting at?? i shoot handloads; 37.5 I 4064

mostly deer i dont handload but copper creek can load me some 85gr. never used sierras before

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.