810Y one-shot kill Lazz WARBIRD

Mr Montana ,,,,,,,,,

The Hornady made Lazzeroni Warbird brass is very, very good ,,,,,, and in addition, we cull out any major cosmetic defects now when we actually package it in Tucson ,,,,,,

The previous brass made by Bell in the 90s and early 2000s was also very good, but not quite up to the standards that the Hornady stuff is made to ,,,,

there will always be a very small percentage of brass cases with issues that we cannot see until firing, but this is a very small percentage ,,,,, and we have always replaced any brass cases that our customers have had problems with,,,,

AND we are always on the lookout for ways to improve the quality of everything that we sell ,,,, that is a normal part of every manufacturing business ,,,,,

as for the postings on Midway's website ,,,,,, always remember that people with something bad to say or something to complain about are far more likely to post, than those who are happy with their purchase ,,,,,

take that for what you will, as well sell many thousands of rounds of Lazzeroni Warbird and other Lazz caliber brass cases thru MIDWAY each year, and if we had the kind of problem that you are trying to paste upon us, we would not still be selling it ,,,,,

just out of curiosity ,,,,, how many postings on the Midway site have YOU and your sidekick Kirby put up there about Lazzeroni brass ? ,,,,,,

Mr Montana ,,,,,,,,,

As for the postings on Midway's website ,,,,,, always remember that people with something bad to say or something to complain about are far more likely to post, than those who are happy with their purchase

Amen to that. This applies in multiple areas too, not just hunting/shooting! Seems to be human nature to tell the world about a bad experience but move on and be happy with good experiences by comparison.

Mr Montana ,,,,,,,,,

The Hornady made Lazzeroni Warbird brass is very, very good ,,,,,, and in addition, we cull out any major cosmetic defects now when we actually package it in Tucson ,,,,,,

The previous brass made by Bell in the 90s and early 2000s was also very good, but not quite up to the standards that the Hornady stuff is made to ,,,,

there will always be a very small percentage of brass cases with issues that we cannot see until firing, but this is a very small percentage ,,,,, and we have always replaced any brass cases that our customers have had problems with,,,,

AND we are always on the lookout for ways to improve the quality of everything that we sell ,,,, that is a normal part of every manufacturing business ,,,,,

as for the postings on Midway's website ,,,,,, always remember that people with something bad to say or something to complain about are far more likely to post, than those who are happy with their purchase ,,,,,

take that for what you will, as well sell many thousands of rounds of Lazzeroni Warbird and other Lazz caliber brass cases thru MIDWAY each year, and if we had the kind of problem that you are trying to paste upon us, we would not still be selling it ,,,,,

just out of curiosity ,,,,, how many postings on the Midway site have YOU and your sidekick Kirby put up there about Lazzeroni brass ? ,,,,,,

John,

I did not make my post to get into a ****ing contest with you. I piggy back'd on another member's post that stated a reality of perception. You can accept that reality and try to do something about it or you can ignore it.... your choice.

I have never posted any reviews on Midway. If you look at Lapua's reviews you will see the vast majority being in the 4.7 to 5 star ratings... take it for what it's worth. If you're tryin to claim the reviews are some sort of conspiracy maybe a few will believe you but most won't. You are the marketer of your brass so you will forgive me if I look to other less partial sources for feedback as to its quality. If it's Hornady made, then it's probably good stuff.

I don't have to defend Kirby Allen but I will tell you that Kirby has a long and outstanding reputation on this site and there is a reason for that. And I can guarantee you that your efforts to degrade him work against your own reputation. Kirby has EARNED my respect and the respect of many others.

How many of the good Lazz reviews have you posted?

Amen to that. This applies in multiple areas too, not just hunting/shooting! Seems to be human nature to tell the world about a bad experience but move on and be happy with good experiences by comparison.

Then where do the five-star reviews come from?

Derek, If you go to Midway's site you will find tons of 4 and 5 star ratings and write ups for Lapua brass ... mostly 5 star.

Mr Montana ,,,,,,

I have no good reason to respond directly to your posts here any longer either ,,,,,,, therefor I will not be ,,,,,

best regards,,,,,,,,,

Broz ,,,,,,

I agree 100%,,,,,,,

before I release ANY new Lazzeroni factory load to the public for hunting, I test it myself for performance on game, at very close range ,,,,,

I usually head over to a friend of mine's ranch in New Mexico and pop a couple of wild feral hogs,,,,,,,,

they are tasty and provide a decent test platform for bullet expansion and weight retention when going thru relatively thick hide, hair and bone ,,,,,

one at say 50 yards and another at 300 or so, usually is a pretty good visual test ,,,,,

Ouch...

I think Midway Reviews are withheld until Midway audits the reviewer and determines that he is a Customer and Purchaser of that particular product. I believe you can take a random sampling of almost any brass and see that customer reviews are not for bashing a manufacturer.

338 Lapua Brass:

Manufacturer..................# of reviews...................Average Rating (1 thru 5)
Lapua.................................. 35..................................... 4.7
Hornady............................... 25..................................... 2.7
Nosler.................................... 3..................................... 4.3
Norma................................... 7..................................... 5.0

Note: The only poor performer was Hornady. One negative Review goes on to explain that he called Hornady and they were very apologetic and asked the Customer to return the brass and I imagine he was sent replacements. They acknowledged a poor batch and apparently absorbed the cost and rectified it to those who contacted them.

Although the review process isn't perfect, I believe the Consumer can get a far better feel for Customer Satisfaction then from manufacturers statements, endorsements and professional writer reviews.

Derek, If you go to Midway's site you will find tons of 4 and 5 star ratings and write ups for Lapua brass ... mostly 5 star.

Oh I know. My immediate thought and subsequent "Amen" post was really directed at OTHER topics, like those in healthcare, cars, etc. Not necessarily on our topic here. I've posted on midway years ago about ballistic tip performance. If not deleted you will be able to see them.

Lazz just brought up the negative post thing regarding midway and in general terms, I agree with him that folks are quick to talk about something negative than positive.

Mike 338 ,,,,,,,,

""""""" Although the review process isn't perfect, I believe the Consumer can get a far better feel for Customer Satisfaction then from manufacturers statements, endorsements and professional writer reviews. """"

I agree with this statement 100% ,,,,,

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.