80grn lost river .243 long range bullets

jacack

Just wanted to know if anyone had used them and if so what type of loads seem to work.My wife wants to shoot a deer this year and cant handle much recoil so i thought I would give them a try,any info would be a big help

thanks
Jared

Try some Sierra 85 gr. BTHP Gamekings they shoot well and the terminal performance on Whitetail size game is great. They have enough penatration on deer but you will not find an exit hole, just a dead deer where it had been standing. Bob McKee wrote a good piece on these in American Hunter about 15 years ago. He killed about 3000 deer with it on depradation hunts with a .243, they couldn't publish that tid bit because of the anti-hunting fall out.
wink.gif

I have taken a large number of deer with the Nosler 95 grain partition. This is a very reliable bullet. Suggest 4831.

thanks for the info,think i will try the 85 sierra,I have a 1/12 twist and wont shoot anything over 85grns,any suggestions on powder for the sierra's?

Jared

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.